No announcement yet.

Palin does not understand the Senate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you ****ting me? Biden was wrong about the initial decision to go into Iraq.
    Obama wasn't

He was wrong about the surge.
    That remains to be seen... The successes we've seen till now totally depend on the Shia and Sunni "cease fire" and the day will come when the Shia present the Sunni a deal and the Sunni either takes it or war breaks out again. Btw, I opposed going into Iraq even though I saw the rationale, and I supported the surge (the surge should have been our initial invasion) and had I known %25 of what our leaders knew, I wouldn't have invaded Afghanistan either.

He was wrong about wanting to partition Iraq. He even said...
    He may be second guessing himself but he wasn't wrong, Iraq has been partitioning itself and it aint pretty.

Comment

It's a formal position dictated by the parliamentarian.
      This is a good answer to give to a third-grader.

Comment

Obama wasn't
        Obama wasn't involved in the initial decision to go into Iraq.

Comment

How many days over the past eight years do you think Cheney actually presided over the Senate? He clearly had better things to do. That's not what the Veep spends his or her time on, and in any case, the Veep certainly isn't "in charge" of the Senate.
          "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
          -Bokonon

Comment

Berz answers your questions, Drake.

And Ramo, if we go by Cheney's example, the #1 job of the VP is to have a man-sized safe in his office and to shoot people in the face.

Cheney
            B♭3

Comment

"Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
              -Bokonon

Comment

Originally posted by Naked Gents Rut

Biden is wrong all the time and not "by a few degrees." If anyone is a "heinous dumbass", it's Joe Biden.
                So won't you be glad to get him out of the Senate and into a ceremonial position where he won't have a vote?
                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Being the President of the Senate is basically the opposite of being "in charge." It's a formal position dictated by the parliamentarian.
                  its making a mountain out of a molehill... The VP presides over the Senate, thats running the show in my book. Somebody has to do it and when the VP aint there, the Senate is supposed to pick a pro tem President to run the show.

Comment

So won't you be glad to get him out of the Senate and into a ceremonial position where he won't have a vote?
                    And a heartbeat away from being President? Hmmm. Under normal circumstances I'd say "no way", but Biden (despite his massive flaws) is obviously more qualified to be President than Obama.

Comment

The Senate Pro Temp almost always doesn't do it. He usually has better things to do (in this case, expeditiously getting pork to WVers; it used to be getting pork to Alaskans). It's typically some back bencher who doesn't. This back bencher does what he or she is told to do.
                      -Bokonon

Comment

Obama wasn't involved in the initial decision to go into Iraq
                        Unfortunately...and neither was I, that doesn't mean my opposition to invading Iraq wasn't real. Obama was already on his way up so his position could come back to haunt him, like it did with Hillary. Obama couldn't very well criticized the people who got us into Iraq if he was on the record supporting the invasion.

Comment

It's amazing how much mileage Obama has gotten out of a speech he made in 2002 when it's not unexpected at all that the state senator from Hyde Park (one of the most liberal places in the country) would come out against the war. It was the politically smart move for Obama at the time, just like voting for the war was the politically smart move for Democratic senators at the time. I don't believe for a second that Obama wouldn't have gone along with the Democratic consensus to vote for the war if he had been in the Senate in 2002.

Comment

The Senate pro tem almost always doesn't do it. He usually has better things to do (in this case, expeditiously getting pork to WVers; it used to be getting pork to Alaskans). It's typically some back bencher who doesn't. This back bencher does what he or she is told to do.
                            The Senate has "evolved" but she aint that far off the job description in the Constitution - "in charge" ~= presides over the Senate. Both campaigns take every little term or phrase and try to make it into something bad, like the argument over timelines, or sitting with leaders without preconditions.

Comment

I agree with Berz. Palin's comment, while technically incorrect, is far from worthy of being made into a campaign issue.

OTOH, I find her making comments criticizing Obama on the experience issue to be ironic and hilarious.
                              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by Naked Gents Rut
                                It's amazing how much mileage Obama has gotten out of a speech he made in 2002 when it's not unexpected at all that the state senator from Hyde Park (one of the most liberal places in the country) would come out against the war. It was the politically smart move for Obama at the time, just like voting for the war was the politically smart move for Democratic senators at the time. I don't believe for a second that Obama wouldn't have gone along with the Democratic consensus to vote for the war if he had been in the Senate in 2002.
                                Well, I guess we'll never know. I wouldn't have voted for it, but then again I'll probably never be in a position to make decisions like that
                                "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
                                -Joan Robinson

Comment

Working...
                                X