No announcement yet.

Recommend me some music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll mention a few great Belgian rock bands that most of you will probably not have heard before. There's bound to be something that'll appeal to you, although some bands are somewhat the same genre

The Evil Superstars. With Mauro Pawlowski who has an incredible aura. He radiates coolness. Bass guitar gives the songs an impressive athmosphere imo.

dEUS, very influential band around here. Also with Mauro Pawlowski on some albums btw.

From 1994

And maybe an odder track, but great nonetheless

Millionaire - a bit louder, going more into QOTSA direction.

This one's a great videoclip (a city chase on rollerblades) btw

And this is really rocking:

Soulwax, also known als 2 Many Djs. They do great remixes, but also have lots of rockin work, sometimes mixed with electronic music, sometimes with much influence from British rock.

Absynthe Minded. They often fuse in some jazzy elements, but it's still very rock oriented, even with the piano, violin, contrabas etc.

Ghinzu. Not so famous, but an upcoming talent for sure.

I can listen to this song all day:

and this one too:

Mintzkov. The singer's voice sounds a bit like dEUS' Tom Barman, but I like the female singin particularly.

Amen Ra. This one is really different. If you're into drone and sludge then this is absolute world class. Too bad youtube doesn't have real good quality movies, but this one's still okay

Admiral Freebee. Pure rock. I don't know anyone who doesn't like this.

Well that'll suffice for now
    "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
    "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
      They have several.

protein from CG is the drummer (and producer?) for Does It Offend You, Yeah.
      that's pretty cool. i'm meant to be going to see them in sin city tonight, but i'm proper skint, so lets hope someone i know is on the door.
      "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Check out Hodges:

And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

Re: Recommend me some music

Originally posted by Apocalypse
          Preferably Asher will respond because I know we have similar tastes at least 4 years ago.
          In that case you need to gouge your ears out in order to stop yourself committing crimes against music.
          Only feebs vote.

Comment

If you want an awesome Canadian band, I hear Nickel back are "da bomb".
            Only feebs vote.

Comment

Most useless poster, ever, I swear to the fictitious God...

Keep in mind that Agathon has fifteen thousand CDs. He's the music expert because he's never yet found an album or song he can listen to more than once, with his music size.

Tasteless.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I second Kings of Leon and Cold War Kids (good taste Asher!)

Also, Shiny Toy Guns and Jack's Manneqin are two lesser known alterantive rock bands making waves.

You can always revert to old favorites from the 90s that have new albums, like Rise Against, The Offspring, Weezer - their new stuff is as good as old.

Comment

not much into newer music, the 90s were not good to RR

FooFighters aint bad

But I suggest the album Hold Your Fire by Rush

thats progressive rock from the mid 80s, the intrumentals are great

Comment

Working...
                  X