Recommend me some music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommend me some music

Preferably Asher will respond because I know we have similar tastes at least 4 years ago.

Third Eye Blind just came out with a horrible song and I need to wash my ears out.
    "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
    "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
    "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
    "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Listen to jazz. Not enough people listen to jazz, and that makes Baby Jesus cry.
    "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Care to be more specific as to what you're looking for?
      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP
        Care to be more specific as to what you're looking for?
        Something that either sounds like alternative rock from the second half of the 90s of a derivative of that.
        "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Ick.

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Carbon Leaf
            Monkey!!!

Comment

Carbon Leaf

But definitely not the bland late 90's rock he is looking for.

Comment

They're a derivative I think.
                Monkey!!!

Comment

Well most things are a derivative of something else. But I think he wants a similar sound, and Carbon Leaf assuredly does not sound like Creed, Seven Mary Three, or Three Doors Down.

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP
                    Well most things are a derivative of something else. But I think he wants a similar sound, and Carbon Leaf assuredly does not sound like Creed, Seven Mary Three, or Three Doors Down.
                    No definitely not Creed please. Or Three Doors Down. I don't remember what Seven Mary Three even sounds like. I may have liked them.

Comment

Well that's what I think of when I think of late 90's alt rock.

Comment

I think of the Toadies, Third Eye Blind, Eve 6, Matchbox 20, Blind Melon, BNL, Nine Days

Comment

Well... I don't think they necessarily count under that category, but I'll recommend these bands anyhow since I've gotten into them lately: Cursive and... in the same vein as Carbon Leaf: Flogging Molly.

Comment

I don't normally listen to classical music, but I really enjoyed the recording of Händel's Messias freely available on wikipedia.
                            http://www.hardware-wiki.com - A wiki about computers, with focus on Linux support.

Comment

Originally posted by Apocalypse
                              I think of the Toadies, Third Eye Blind, Eve 6, Matchbox 20, Blind Melon, BNL, Nine Days
                              Thats just scary bad.
                              We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                              If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                              Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Working...
                              X