Woman beheads alleged stalker after attack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woman beheads alleged stalker after attack

The moral of this story? Don't mess with Indian women.

India police say female farmer paraded severed head through local market

updated 4:08 a.m. CT, Fri., Oct. 17, 2008
    LUCKNOW, India - A woman chopped the head off a man who allegedly tried to attack her and then paraded the head through a market in northern India, police said Friday.

Police arrested the woman late Thursday after receiving calls from frightened witnesses who reported a blood-soaked woman holding a severed head was walking through the village, said police officer Ram Bharose.

The woman, 35, told police she had gone to a nearby forest to cut grass for fodder for her cattle when a man attacked her from behind.

No regrets

"In a bid to save her dignity she beheaded him with a sickle," Bharose said, adding that the woman had bite marks on her neck and cheek.

The woman also told police that the man had been harassing and stalking her for three months and she had no regrets about killing him, he said, adding that she would probably be charged with culpable homicide.

The incident took place in Makkapurva village, some 125 miles southeast of Lucknow, the capital of Uttar Pradesh state.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Dallas, India.
    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Doesn't seem like culpable homicide to me if he had bit her cheek ... self defense
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

I wouldn't find her guilty of a thing. WTG, woman.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

If beheading him was the specific way in which she defended herself, then that's fine. If she beheaded him after the attack, that's a little excessive. The article isn't exactly clear on that point.
          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

I'm right there with you, Slowwy.

A freaking sickle??!!?? That is bleeping AWESOME!!!!
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Children of the Corn
              "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

India
                Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

"Some people call it a kaiser blade, I call it a sling blade."

Comment

I'd hit her with a fine for a parade without a license.
                    Long time member @ Apolyton
                    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

What a sickle woman.

Comment

You'd hit it, Lancer? Without even seeing a photo? Wow, you do like it rough...
                        1011 1100
                        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

She did the right thing. And the cool thing at the same time
                          You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

I'd hire someone to deliver the parade fine. No point in losing ones head.
                            Long time member @ Apolyton
                            Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael
                              If she beheaded him after the attack, that's a little excessive. .
                              No, maybe if she had tortured him for a year and a day and then beheaded him, that might be excessive, but not this.
                              Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
                              Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
                              "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
                              From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Working...
                              X