Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBQing with Granny.

n/m

One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
    You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

I think I know what this was about.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
        I think I know what this was about.
        Well? Do tell.
        And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

My attempt to embed a news clip didn't work.

A guy from California calls authorities back East, saying he hadn't heard from his mother since last December, and mentioning when his sister and her adult son had come out to visit, didn't bring the mother with them, and couldn't explain why.

The authorities investigated and couldn't get an answer at the house. The son in California gets a phone call from his sister, who is disguising her voice to try and sound like mom.

Police investigate further. They find the woman's remains in backyard barbeque...well, except for a portion of mom's skull that the sister was wearing as a neckless.

Sister & her son report than the old lady had died of natural causes the previous December and that they had cremated her in the barbeque and kept things quiet, so that they could continue to intercept her disablity and retirement checks.

Fun family.

Comment

I can't wait to escape.
            Long time member @ Apolyton
            Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Btw Zkrib, you can see the poured walls are any walls that face the ocean or are close to it. In the back you can see the tall poured wall where it joins the short one. Only then did we use the hollow block as in the picture. With your plan to build your cottage on the seawall my suggestion is that you make the first story wall that is exposed to the ocean all poured. That includes a few feet around each corner, if you think that's best.

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler

...well, except for a portion of mom's skull that the sister was wearing as a neckless.

Sweet! I want one!
                One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

I've been thinking about what you said.

If I decinde to build a cottage right on the seawall, my plan is to back the cottage one meter away from the seawall. That will make the end of the second floor balcony and also the rooftop garden flush with the seawall. Then, leaving the 1st-floor windows one meter in, I'll extend the first floor back out one meter, with the last 1/2 meter being all reinforced concrete and fill.

So, from the beach up they'll be a straight line: first the seawall, then first floor (with a waver under the window sill but with the windows themselves tucked safetly one meter in), then the wall to the 2nd-Floor balcony (topped by a second waver), then a gap so people can see out of the 2nd-floor balcony; then the short wall of the rooftop garden, then another gap, then the flying roof.

The only thing extending seaward of this line are the two wavers.

Comment

How exactly did a thread about people barbecuing their mother turn into a discussion of Filipino home design? Did you perhaps post in the wrong thread Lancer?

Also, cute kids.
                    You've just proven signature advertising works!

Comment

Originally posted by Seedle
                      How exactly did a thread about people barbecuing their mother turn into a discussion of Filipino home design? Did you perhaps post in the wrong thread Lancer?

Also, cute kids.
                      Because Filipino Grandma's taste best over the BBQ, obviously.
                      You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Here a cut-away view of the cottage. You can see the first-floor window "wells' in yellow.

I still haven't drawn in the rooftop garden with its flying roof. But up there will be a barbeque for cooking Filipina grandmas.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Excellent plan Zkrib.

Originally posted by Zkribbler
                          I've been thinking about what you said.

If I decinde to build a cottage right on the seawall, my plan is to back the cottage one meter away from the seawall. That will make the end of the second floor balcony and also the rooftop garden flush with the seawall. Then, leaving the 1st-floor windows one meter in, I'll extend the first floor back out one meter, with the last 1/2 meter being all reinforced concrete and fill.

So, from the beach up they'll be a straight line: first the seawall, then first floor (with a waver under the window sill but with the windows themselves tucked safetly one meter in), then the wall to the 2nd-Floor balcony (topped by a second waver), then a gap so people can see out of the 2nd-floor balcony; then the short wall of the rooftop garden, then another gap, then the flying roof.

The only thing extending seaward of this line are the two wavers.

Comment

So are you planning on being with us for the winter also while you build or do you want to do it where I post pics and you give instructions over the internet or...?

Comment

BBQ in the Fall is best around here

Squash and game hen!

i'm hungry... what's this thread about?
                              Monkey!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X