No announcement yet.

Should Some People Not Vote?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Retarded people can vote, they don't even have to be able to manage the polling booth. They can fill in an absentee ballot - or have a family member or care taker do it for them. Right after the 2000 election I took a vacation in Florida. On the way we ran in to a family, two adult sisters a mild - moderate retarded brother on the way to Florida also. The man was able to hold a conversation with my kids, then aged 8 and 4, but it was pretty easy to spot his limitations. The conversation turned to the election, then after his sisters left for the buffet table he talked about how his sisters had helped him fill out his ballot. It was pretty obvious that he was completely dependent upon them to make his decisions for him, so I'm pretty sure that his vote was essetnially an additional vote for them.
    "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by Felch

Democracy is overrated. We should just hang all the currently elected officials, clone a triumvirate of great statesmen of the past (I think Jackson for the crazy rednecks, Wilson for the effete intellectuals, and Washington for the moderates), and move on with our lives.

We have the technology. I think.
      Some day we'll design an AI to govern us, then we'll live in Utopia forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Docfeelgood

R we having a bad day?
        Nope, just playing with the trash.
        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by Felch
          Democracy is overrated. We should just hang all the currently elected officials, clone a triumvirate of great statesmen of the past (I think Jackson for the crazy rednecks, Wilson for the effete intellectuals, and Washington for the moderates), and move on with our lives.

We have the technology. I think.
          Given Wilson's overt racism, he would appeal to the rednecks as well, not the intellectuals.
          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller
            I think we should go the more traditional way. Instead of relying upon society to take care of you when you are old... rely on your kids. Have a good family. That is the way things should be done.
            I'm as libertarian as they come, but certainly you have to see some problems with this approach.

How many kids do gays have? I guess they get no senior care. How many kids do mentally handicapped people have? I guess they get no senior care. How many poor children have the money and room to care for another 2 people with special needs?

Or how about my brother who is a perfectly nice person, pays his taxes, works in a supermarket, never hurt anyone but just never found the right person and therefore did not procreate? I guess he is screwed once he gets too old.

Comment

Originally posted by Deity Dude
              .... How many kids do mentally handicapped people have? I guess they get no senior care.
              Actually I know of a severely retarded woman - unable to speak beyond the level of a two year old and incapable of fully dressing herself, who had two children before being moved out of an institute and into a home. The state institutes that take care of the metally retarded are forbidden to interfere with their client's sexual activity, no matter how severe their disability.

Comment

Originally posted by Deity Dude

I'm as libertarian as they come, but certainly you have to see some problems with this approach.

How many kids do gays have? I guess they get no senior care. How many kids do mentally handicapped people have? I guess they get no senior care. How many poor children have the money and room to care for another 2 people with special needs?

Or how about my brother who is a perfectly nice person, pays his taxes, works in a supermarket, never hurt anyone but just never found the right person and therefore did not procreate? I guess he is screwed once he gets too old.
                Your siblings kids?

JM
                Jon Miller-
                I AM.CANADIAN
                GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Docfeelgood
                  This is the generation that will care 4 me when I get old?
                  Um, holy ****, that was a Disco Biscuits concert in Vermont. 3/4ths of the people there are on more drugs than you've ever heard of.

Not a very good sampling of the public.
                  "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
                  ^ The Poly equivalent of:
                  "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

Billy Connolly was right. You shouldn't vote. It just encourages politicians.

Actually I know of a severely retarded woman - unable to speak beyond the level of a two year old and incapable of fully dressing herself, who had two children before being moved out of an institute and into a home. The state institutes that take care of the metally retarded are forbidden to interfere with their client's sexual activity, no matter how severe their disability.
                    I'd always wondered how Republicans were made. Cheers Doc.
                    Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit
                      One person, one vote. Period.
                      Are you sure you're a Chicagoan?

Primary method of rallying the Chicago vote:
                      I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                      I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Just add a few quick questions that needs to be answered when voting. If the questions are answered incorrectly (or not answered at all) the vote doesn't count (the answers only needs you to set an X in the correct answer)

All questions are about what it is you're voting for
                        The questions doesn't require intelligence, they only require you to know what the vote is about and what the different options in the vote means

"Who's Sarah Palin?"

[ ] Obamas running mate
                        [ ] McCains running mate
                        [ ] Obamas wife
                        [X] Just some hot milf

Not to mention the IQ test on page 2, which takes about 20 minutes

Seriously, after seing the video about that woman who kept saying that voting for Obama would be stupid simply because Obamas middle name is Hussein, I'd say there should be a limit of some sort on who can vote. The limit shouldn't be on age, but instead on stupidity
                        This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove

Even if they don't understand the consequences of their actions? Because if any case devolved into abuse, wouldn't that mean that the mental institute (is that term still the PC term over in teh US?) is liable as they had a duty of care to the individual, and they failed?
                          You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Working...
                          X