Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drinking in moderation, how do you do it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mix it up a bit. Remember -- moderation in all things, especially moderation.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Yeah, somethings are best to have none of.

I think that people with serious alcohol problems would be better off never touching the stuff again, to be honest.

A lot of people are better off never trying smoking as well.

JM
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

As long as there's no booze in my beverage I have no trouble stopping drinking.

Hope that helped.
        Long time member @ Apolyton
        Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

My limit is one drink.

If I drink more, I fall asleep. Moderation through unconsciousness.

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler
            My limit is one drink.

If I drink more, I fall asleep. Moderation through unconsciousness.
            Probably that means if you can get up to 4 or so in a short time, you will be drunk and awake and won't fall asleep.

At least this is what I have observed with my freinds who have this issue (mostly girls).

JM
            Jon Miller-
            I AM.CANADIAN
            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Drinking in moderation, how do you do it?
              Not particularly well.

-Arrian
              grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Personally, I don't when at uni, and don;t drink at all otherwise.
                You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

You guys missed the question entirely, and I am still far from being an alcoholic.

I think the number of booze related threads you start is an obvious cry for help with regard to your alcoholism.

Alcohol just happens to interest me at the moment. It has existed since before history itself, tell me that's not interesting.

I have a theory that alcohol made civilization possible. It tears down the walls for extremely shy people, it brings people together in celebration (of anything, just tell someone there will be booze and they're there), and it placates the masses. How many people do you know of that don't like their lot in life but instead of doing something about it they resort to binge drinking every night of the week?

edit: It also makes it possible for people who hate each other to be around each other.

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
                    Save up your one drink a day until Saturday and use them all up then.
                    Hate to spoil your party, but we've got that covered. It qualifies as 'binge drinking'. Episodic consumption of the equivalent of 4 or more drinks meets the official definition. Please report immediately to your nearest AA chapter.
                    "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Not yet.
                      Long time member @ Apolyton
                      Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove

Hate to spoil your party, but we've got that covered. It qualifies as 'binge drinking'. Episodic consumption of the equivalent of 4 or more drinks meets the official definition. Please report immediately to your nearest AA chapter.
                        so what if you drink four or more drinks regulary?
                        You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by Krill

so what if you drink four or more drinks regulary?
                          Then you're viewed as a hardened alcoholic. But don't worry. I spent many years at university throwing away my life drinking instead of studying (still got the diploma though ) and I'm still not an alcoholic now.

You become an alcoholic only when you have a certain problem in life that you want to oppress of forget by drinking heavily. And addiction only kicks in if you start compulsive drinking on your own, when you're not out with friends or at some event.

Heavy drinking is a characteristical trait of a certain subgroup of university students (here and I suspect a similar tradition exists in England). If you don't drink in moderation when you're at uni during the week, and don't drink at all when you're back home: no problem in my book!
                          "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
                          "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Working...
                          X