X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I voted for Nibbler. He's cute.
    (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
    (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
    (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Nibbler is no longer cute. He's associated with AAHZ.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Futurama.

I watched them all through about a year ago and it's really stood the test of time well. For favourite character I probably would have to go for Lrrr.

"We will raise your planet's temperature by one million degrees a day. For five days. Unless we see McNeal at 9PM tomorrow. 8 Central."

Second would have to be Calculon - surprised no one has gone for him yet. Honourable mentions to the unka-lunkas & Clamps of the robot mafia.

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov

You reminded me. Harold Zoid is worth a mention as well.
          I wanted to limit it to characters who had appeared substantally in at least two episodes.
          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Poor uncle Harold, so out of touch...
            I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Probably Zapp but the Robot Devil got no love. I liked the episode.

Leela:"And who thought Robot Hell would be in New Jersey?"

Fry: "Well, I-" (falls down chute)

Which of course brings us to an oldie but a goodie:

(Bender and Fry looking at an apartment)
              Fry: "This place is great! What's the catch?"
              Realtor: "Nothing... although we're technically in New Jersey."

(cut to scene back at lab)
              Fry: "Not one place even remotely livable."
              I'm consitently stupid- Japher
              I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer
                Jonny, you should make that into an avatar.
                Perhaps... it has been a while since I've had an avatar change.

My 2nd place votes would be for Lrrr and for Mom (who, quite frankly, is not receiving as much love as I would have thought).

Mom: Now I'm off to some charity BS for knocked-up teenage sluts.

Comment

How could you leave the character which has made more teenagers and college students cry than anyone, Seymore the dog?

Comment

Zapp by a light year
                    Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

Seymore's a good 'un.
                      Zapp's a bit of a douche. Which makes him funny, but unsympathetic.
                      Now, I may just be a simple Hyper-Chicken from a backward asteroid, but I say there's a certain lawyer who ought to have been in this poll, but was chillingly absent. Needless to say, this raises dire questions as to the state of American democracy.
                      "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

Comment

Originally posted by Vesayen
                        How could you leave the character which has made more teenagers and college students cry than anyone, Seymore the dog?
                        See above re: multiple appearances. Besides, just thinking about that episode makes me cry.

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer

See above re: multiple appearances. Besides, just thinking about that episode makes me cry.
                          Me too.
                          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

He has multiple appearances! He appears ever so briefly in two other episodes and also gets a very happy ending in the first Futurama movie(Bender’s big score), which made me tear up again.

I hereby add this rule to Man Law: If you cry you are still a *****, however it is acceptable to tear up when seeing that episode of Futurama wherein Seymore dies.

Comment

Seconded on the Man Law. I literally can not watch that episode any more. When I flip to Comedy Central and see that is the episode, I have to turn the station.

I'm not counting brief background appearances, and neither the movies yet. Basically every character who ever appeared in the series showed up in the first movie, so it would take ten polls just to start to narrow it down.

Comment

Man Rules regarding crying have always been subject to exceptions involving dogs.

Old Yeller is a classic example of this.
                                John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X