No announcement yet.

Plan B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tell me Lancer, can I have some of what you're having?
    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

I wish I had some of what you think I'm having. Sadly it's just 'white grape diet soda', which isn't doing it for me at all.
      Long time member @ Apolyton
      Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
        I have to say, this is by far the best post I've seen from you in ages.
        Aggie can be quite sensible when he's not focusing on being a condescending bastard.

Plan B. If they can fling about $850 billion w/o too much concern, I figure they can give every man, woman, and child in America $2000 and let us pay off our debts. That will help finance creditors a lot of whom are the same schmucks facing bankruptcy due to CDS's. Result? Same deal but at least I've got another 2 grand.

Or instead of the govt handing over $850 billion, they consult with the mortgage holders to reduce a % of the sub-prime loans and the govt pays an additional % of those loans, allowing the homeowners to pay off the rest at rates they can afford. They'll take a hit to their credit rating, but at least they have a roof over their heads and it'll prolly cost a LOT less than plan A.
        I'm consitently stupid- Japher
        I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Working...
        X