California may seek Treasury financing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SlowwHand
    So, you're saying that all 50 states are going to get in the soup line? The most populated state, and they have state income tax, which Texas, as a for instance, doesn't?
    They are also the liberal state. They handed out their wealth long ago. For example, a friend told me of a pal who has a sister who convinced the government of Cali that she was nuts. So Cali sends her over $2000 every month to where she lives now, Brazil.

Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

If the treasury doesn't bail out Cali, then what? I assume the state goes bankrupt and all those spending items they can't touch can then be touched by whoever takes them over, say... Vegas, right?

Oregon is super liberal like Cali BUTT!!! We always vote down new spending. Kids here still learn in the original log cabins whose most modern item is a slide rule.

BUTT!!! We pay our own bills, unlike Cali.

Comment

Idiots.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin

Yeah Mississippi is a giant welfare case. They get back $1.77 for every $1 in taxes they spend. I say the rednecks should pay for their own damn bridges and stop sponging off of us.
          Don't forget all the massive interstate bypasses that have to be built to accommodate the flow of goods through those welfare cases.

Comment

Speaking of highways, I remember California highways.
            Beautiful. Except the state ran out of money so there were all these unfinished projects. They'd go arching off into a bypass, and just end in mid-air.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

If nothing else this situation may have turned Californians against welfare handouts.

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
                If the treasury doesn't bail out Cali, then what? I assume the state goes bankrupt and all those spending items they can't touch can then be touched by whoever takes them over, say... Vegas, right?

Oregon is super liberal like Cali BUTT!!! We always vote down new spending. Kids here still learn in the original log cabins whose most modern item is a slide rule.

BUTT!!! We pay our own bills, unlike Cali.
                You also get back more federal money per dollar you put into the federal pot than California. A lot more.
                "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
                -Joan Robinson

Comment

Working...
                X