No announcement yet.

Wachovia says no to Citi; yes to Wells Fargo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Evidently not enough. Looks like the Wells Fargo deal is fact now.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
      He's a polycast nerd like Imran. Fortunately virtually no one listens to polycast.
      HE?

And the listening numbers would show you are wrong.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I've been tempted to switch to a local credit union, but I'm with one of the big banks that's doing well, so I'll stay put for the time being. Besides, it's not as if I have an account that currently exceeds the FDIC insurance limit...
        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

It can't be just coincidence... I wonder how much of this surprise "we don't need federal assistance" move is based on the fact that they now have assured federal backing for much of the ~$800bn in assets (~$300bn in MBS or related that would likely qualify for TARP) they just purchased?

Is this why Buffet says we need the bailout? So his holdings can buy up assets on the cheap and unload them onto the US Gov at face value?

Comment

Working...
          X