Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had JAVA when it was SUNW, did nothing for me. Great day for it today, IMB/JAVA will be a good combo, IMO.

BAC is having a good day for me, and F has been a fine buy at $2 thus far that I'm raising my downside sell price.
    Monkey!!!

Comment

• The problem with JAVA is that it rarely makes money. It has been that way for as long as I can remember. The company's a waste of capital -- a dead weight on our economy.
      I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• It's a lovely afternoon. The only regret I'll have is I had more money to invest and didn't. Though F, GE, and BAC are all performing nicely today. Now, if they just keep doing that for the next few months we'll be back where we were a year ago
        Monkey!!!

Comment

• Quantitative easing is like crack to the markets.

10-year treasuries just went down to a yield of 2.51% from about 3% yesterday.
          I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• Originally posted by DanS View Post
            The problem with JAVA is that it rarely makes money. It has been that way for as long as I can remember. The company's a waste of capital -- a dead weight on our economy.
            Except for the large R&D budget which has produced great things for us like the Java language. Just because they reinvest more than would be justifiable from a private returns perspective doesn't make it dead weight.
            "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
            -Joan Robinson

Comment

• Time for a Bid 2 thread...
              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• What have they done for us lately?

Comment

Working...
                X