House rejects Bailout; DOW drops 650

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• House rejects Bailout; DOW drops 650

Pretty much sums it up. Both a sizable number of dems and repubs rejected the measure.
    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

See my "Rescue Plan" thread.

Comment

It was a stupid idea.

waive all capital gains until they figure something out
      Monkey!!!

Comment

Bailing out wealthy CEOs for their dumb mistakes would have made as much sense as bailing out home owners who made their own dumb mistakes.
        A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

This thread is bogus AND innacurate. It deserves to be shorn of its threaddom.
          Long time member @ Apolyton
          Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Bite me, Palin-worshipper.
            I'm consitently stupid- Japher
            I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

testing avatar.

Comment

Riesstiu, w h a t T H E * * * * i s T H A T???

Comment

I want to make looking at my posts a most unsettling experience as possible.

Comment

It's working

Comment

Eh, it's less creepy than Oerdin's IMO.
                      1011 1100
                      Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Someone should create an animated avatar of dividedwefail's elephant-donkey mascot.
                        A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Dosen't beat Laz's eye.
                          No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Is it just me or is there a weird wish to see the own economy or at least the financial system suffer from all this? Ya know, talking about the wealthy guys taking it is all great, but does US politics now just sit back and watch how things play out?
                            Blah

Comment

They're just being horrendously pretentious.
                              DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Working...
                              X