Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rescue Plan released; What does it mean?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, it's getting real for me. My best friend, who just bought a house, just got laid off today.

-Arrian
    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arrian
        Well, it's getting real for me. My best friend, who just bought a house, just got laid off today.

-Arrian

Comment

• Calif. May Run Out Of Cash Due To Frozen Credit Market

SACRAMENTO -- California's top financial officials are warning that the nation's frozen credit market is threatening the state's ability to do short-term borrowing.

State Controller John Chiang says the constricted flow of credit presents "enormous challenges" for California as it seeks to borrow money to pay immediate expenses. He projects the Legislature's record delay in approving a state budget means California will run out of cash toward the end of October.

Should that happen, state services would come to a halt and schools, nursing homes and law enforcement wouldn't get paid. Treasurer Bill Lockyer warns that unless Congress acts, the state also will be unable to sell infrastructure bonds.

Wednesday, Gov. Schwarzenegger sent a letter to members of California's congressional delegation urging them to support the 700 billion dollar Wall Street bailout plan.

Comment

Working...
          X