Debate the Debate's Debate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kidicious

It sounds like they need to be close to their customers is what I'm saying. Customer satisfaction is very important.
    What the ****? Why do they have to be close? This makes no sense at all. They lease ****ing jets, transportation anywhere in the world is kind of cheap and easy.

They don't have to be close. They're in LA and lease planes to people all over the world. Most of the stuff I'm sure is done via teleconference and email.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Most companies that can move to other countries to save on costs have already done so, mostly to China or India. The rest stay because for one reason or another they have an advantage staying in the US. Lower taxes elsewhere is not likely to change that.
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious
        He also looked bad in the debate arguing that he was against the war, but at the same time arguing that we need to beef up troops in Afganistan.
        He was against the war in Iraq. Which began in March 2003 and has no discernible relationship to the war in Afghanistan, despite W's claims to the contrary.
        1011 1100
        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

• Originally posted by Elok

He was against the war in Iraq. Which began in March 2003 and has no discernible relationship to the war in Afghanistan, despite W's claims to the contrary.
          I realise that. He wanted to replace the government there and get AQ. After the invasion he wanted a quick withdrawl of troups. But after the surge in Iraq he's arguing for a surge in Afganistan. It's not his strong point, let's just say. Of course I'm totally against all military effort with regards to this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lancer

I didn't see that at all.
            You did not see where McCain came close to losing his temper during the debate??

I'm not the only one who got the impression that he did; others I've talked with have commented on it, and have said that McCain's temper can cost him in the polls.
            A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

• No, and I had heard that as well and was watching for it. McCain is one tough old son of a gun. That may come off as being pissed to some.

That's not saying he doesn't lose his cool sometimes, who doesn't? The question is one of stability. Does someone who is pissed nuke the other guy or just get pissed and work it out? McCain has been in politics for ages and you can't have that under your belt without some considerable fortitude. Particularly with the fights he's picked.
              Long time member @ Apolyton
              Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

• Old men get mad when they're wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkG
                  the fun part about all that is that the bush administration has broken the ice with iran recently, starting some talks...
                  Well, at the Republican convention, they did complain about those liberals in Washington .
                  "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
                  -Joan Robinson

Comment

• What's that McCain is saying at 2:55....? Sounds like horsesh*t to me.
                    "

Comment

• You mean Obama? McCain was doing an interview with some Spanish radio show and got confused (because he's old) and when asked if he would meet with Spain's PM, he said no.
                      Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

• no

2:57 exact
                        "

Comment

• Are we watching the same video?
                          Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

• It sounds like McCain says horse**** twice starting at 2:57.
                            "

Comment

• He utters something unintelligble, more likely to be the beginning of an attempted interventin like "of course..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Ecthy
                                He utters something unintelligble, more likely to be the beginning of an attempted interventin like "of course..."
                                QFT

he probably thought about it again and realized it was better to just not say anything about the spain thing and let it pass as quickly as possible...
                                Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                                Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                                giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Working...
                                X