Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Naked Gents Rut

It is for business.
    Ranking alone doesn't make it elite. Elite schools have a history of elite snobbery. A business major from NYU is worthless compared to any elite school, because of the connections you are missing out on. Really, if you want to work in business in Hong Kong, you should have gone to school there. Or Ivy League. But that's only if you want a high paying job. NYU will not get you to the elite. Who told you it would?
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Now you are trying to say Stern School of Business isn't an elite business school because it doesn't have the connections?! Just... wow.

I mean, it ain't Wharton, but it ain't far from it.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
        I've noticed the mods don't enforce the rule any more so I decided to get into the game too.
        This thread would have been toast in five minutes if NGR had objected to it. However, he seems to have a sense of humor, so ...
        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Now you are trying to say Stern School of Business isn't an elite business school because it doesn't have the connections?! Just... wow.
          DaShi isn't very bright. He probably goes to Harvard.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
            This thread would have been toast in five minutes if NGR had objected to it. However, he seems to have a sense of humor, so ...
            Yeah well, whatever you do, please don't make him a moderator again. Those were loony times back then.

Comment

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

I mean, it ain't Wharton, but it ain't far from it.
                Please, NYU has no where near the connections of it neighbor Columbia. Ivy Leagues are in a different league. Hence the name.
                “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Aw, couldn't get into Harvard?

All, I'm saying is that compared to other schools NYU is small potatoes. You can brag about it, but in the right company.
                  "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by Winston

Yeah well, whatever you do, please don't make him a moderator again. Those were loony times back then.
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Seriously Imran, I haven't even started on Emory yet.
                      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi
                        Please, NYU has no where near the connections of it neighbot Columbia. Ivy Leagues are in a different league. Hence the name.
                        Over the last three years, it has averaged #9 on the Financial Times list of best Business schools in the WORLD:

Business school rankings, including MBA, MSC, and European MBA rankings from the Financial Times

I'm thinking plenty of connections from one of the best MBA schools in the world in the middle of New York City. It may not rank as high as Columbia, but I'm thinking one ranked that high has plenty of higher level connections, especially one as selective as Stern is.

I mean its like saying that Yale Business school is better than MIT Sloan because of the connections at being at an Ivy.

Comment

Originally posted by Winston

Those were great times. You could do anything you wanted and UR was too scared for his reputation to do anything. And when he did do something, Asher came down on him like. . .uh. . .something that comes down really fast. . .a gay guy?
                          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

Over the last three years, it has averaged #9 on the Financial Times list of best Business schools in the WORLD:

Business school rankings, including MBA, MSC, and European MBA rankings from the Financial Times

I'm thinking plenty of connections from one of the best MBA schools in the world in the middle of New York City. It may not rank as high as Columbia, but I'm thinking one ranked that high has plenty of higher level connections, especially one as selective as Stern is.
                            I never said it was a bad school. Just putting it in its place among others. If Naked's going to brag about it, he deserves to know the truth. Brag, lol. My sister went to a rinkydink business night school, yet is making **** load of money from the connections she made while working for a global company. In the business world, connections are what really matters. The MBA is just a piece of paper in the end.

I mean its like saying that Yale Business school is better than MIT Sloan because of the connections at being at an Ivy.
                            Well, MIT has its own reputation. But Yale business' connections are awe inspiring, especially if you want to work in China.
                            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Please, NYU has no where near the connections of it neighbor Columbia.
                              NYU is much closer to the financial district, which gives it an advantage over Columbia. Morningside Heights is way uptown.

The MBA is just a piece of paper in the end.
                              I'm not going for my MBA; I'm only an undergraduate. I'll probably go back to England for my master's.

Comment

Note how China has no good schools. It's a rather pathetic country.
                                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Working...
                                X