Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mrs Snuggles

You haven't shown conclusive evidence.
    This is coming from someone who insists that rejecting someone is comparable to raping them.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Then why are you treating people unequally?
      To make them equal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious

This is coming from someone who insists that rejecting someone is comparable to raping them.

What?

The only think I can think of that you might be deriving this from is the notion that I'm equating social, mental violence to physical violence.

And I've got news for you, ****head. Rape isn't a purely physical act.
        B♭3

Comment

To make them equal.
          And you don't see the contradiction in that?
          B♭3

Comment

And you don't see the contradiction in that?
            Hey ****head! Women aren't treated as equals right now. This is in spite of the fact that they have been treated equally under the law for quite some time.

Comment

What?

The only think I can think of that you might be deriving this from is the notion that I'm equating social, mental violence to physical violence.

And I've got news for you, ****head. Rape isn't a purely physical act.
              It aint no socially responsible act either!

Comment

Hey ****head! Women aren't treated as equals right now. This is in spite of the fact that they have been treated equally under the law for quite some time.
                I'll admit I went over the line with the '****head' comment. I let your remark get to me.

But to be fair, your remark was completely off-base and slanderous--in no way do I equate shunning to rape. Unfortunately, you seem incapable of understanding the nuance in my statement, why I don't discount non-physical violence.

Which is why you went ahead and assumed I equated two very different acts, and had to do it in the most crass, vile, and shameless way possible.

If ever you had a chance of convincing me of your argument, if ever you had a chance of saying you had the moral high ground, you razed it right there, and salted the earth.

But hey. All's fair in a debate, right? You may as well claim that I support Obama's desire to teach kindergartners all the ins-and-outs of in-and-out, and that I'm all in favor of Willie Horton.

===

Anyway.

No ****ing **** that women aren't treated equally as men. That doesn't mean treating them any more unequally will necessarily cause a situation of equality to arise.

Gender politics and social dynamics are not zero-sum games.
                B♭3

Comment

I'm all for men taking care of their families. I'm not saying that society will implode if that happens. But men don't do that in any significant numbers. Even when both men and women work the woman does way more of the household duties.

What you are proposing is that women do less. Society is going to breakdown if they do.

Furthermore women are much more nurturing in their relationships with their families. Which is essential to society. For some very strange reason you are opposed to that.
                  Do men do more than they did in the 1950s in taking care of the household? Has society collapsed with far more stay at home dads?

Can men be nurturing? Can an individual man be more nurturing than an individual woman?
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

It aint no socially responsible act either!
                    I never said rape was a socially responsible act.

Kid, honey?

The reason why people think you're a ****head isn't because of your politics. It's because of the type of arguing you do.

In this thread alone you've suggested that Elok's GF hates herself because she has a vagina.

You've stated that Imran thinks that women should be barefoot, pregnant, and in the kitchen.

And now you've suggested that I think rape is just as bad as being put on ignore.

If you think that's how you'll convince people of your arguments, you've got another thing coming, sister. If you think that sort of base behavior gives credence to your arguments, it's no wonder you have such trouble getting anybody to side with you.

You will apologize for your last insulting comparison.
                    B♭3

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                      Do men do more than they did in the 1950s in taking care of the household? Has society collapsed with far more stay at home dads?
                      Like I just said, I'm all for men taking on more responsibility at home.
                      Can men be nurturing?
                      Sure. Where did you get the idea that I was saying otherwise.
                      Can an individual man be more nurturing than an individual woman?
                      What does that have to do with anything?

But the really interesting claim that you made is that women shouldn't be nurturing because they would be fitting into societal roles. You suggested that Elok's GF didn't like women because of this. You followed with 8 or 9 stupid thumb posts, before the other idiots jumped in.

Comment

• So, just to be clear: real feminism advocates that women stay barefoot, pregnant and in the kitchen, since it knows they won't get a better deal, but thinks they deserve monetary compensation for it, like eighteen bucks an hour plus a $10K bonus for each child born. Is that about the size of it?
                        1011 1100
                        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

• Originally posted by Elok
                          So, just to be clear: real feminism advocates that women stay barefoot, pregnant and in the kitchen,
                          No. IMO women do more non-market work because men do not. As I've just mentioned to Imran, men should do more of this to help out. They don't do enough because they aren't as socially responsible as women.

That's why attacking women for doing this work is stupid, although some feminists have done it. I don't agree with them.

But what Imran did is say that being nurturing is anti-feminists. Do you have any clue as to how stupid that is? I've never heard a feminist say that.

Comment

• The reason why people think you're a ****head isn't because of your politics. It's because of the type of arguing you do.

Hell, people who are also commies (ie, che, Theben) think he's a ****head too! He gives commies a bad name! It's like these days when President Bush speaks, all real conservatives are like "Shut up, you moron; you are making us look bad!"
                            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• You can call me any name you like. It doesn't bother me, and it just makes it more obvious that you don't have a good argument.

Also, you should let Che and Theben speak for themselves. I think they would judge a person more by what they believe. They're my comrades.

Comment

Working...
                              X