No announcement yet.

Yet another nut shoots up a school

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And now there is at least one bomb threat in another school, and I'm expecting a lot more in the next few weeks. Man, when I have a kid, if he/she ever called a threat like that as a joke after a situation like this, I'm telling you, I'd beat the **** out of them for being so stupid, then I'd beat myself for having such weird sperm. And then I'd beat the kid again.

Unfortunately we'll see the nation of idiots we are once again (and every other nation as well for that matter). EVery single special interest group now once again screams for their own agenda, blaming others such as movies, music, the internet, values, and whatever. ANd then debate about generation gap, of course, youth is crazy.

No. This dude was crazy. Just like the dude before him. They went totally insane. They both planned it, it's not like they flipped for an hour. They waited for their moment for quite some time. So. Quite obviously insane individuals. What are we going to do about that? Nothing, it's an open society. Perhaps we should consider raising funds for these mental illness issues, and even depression. Would seem like addressing the problem, or rather what then manifests, but at least we could go there, and forget about the latest movie or metal band.

But unfortunately common sense is too much to ask. And thus we are bound to repeat the same mistakes again.

And we'll start a new metal detector debate as well. Exactly how is a metal detector going to stop a maniac shooter, I think he's not afraid of a metal detector? Yes? Or do they have some magical skills to apprehend that person as well? Guards? Well you need to arm them then, because me thinks shooter won't be afraid of some dude sleeping in the hallway. They'll just be the first ones to get it. And we won't have armed guards in schools so debate over.
    Last edited by Pekka; September 23, 2008, 09:22.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by Ari Rahikkala
      Sisäministeri Anne Holmlundin mukaan ampumavideo tuli nettiin perjantaina 19.9. Asia oli myös poliisin tiedossa.

Apparently the cops had talked with him about the "shooting video" (not sure which one that refers to, but it's probably the one I linked to in the OP because the rest of the stuff he released is just boring) on Monday. They found no reason to take his gun away - he had a legal (temporary) permit and (from another source, on IRC) had convinced the cops the video was just a prank.
      Blah

Comment

The shooter has died, is just informed in local YLE 1 news.

Sad day

Comment

Finnish, no guarantee of reliability, been making the rounds on IRC: http://ihku.org/~ugli/txt.txt

15:09:05 < J> mie tiedän ton
          15:09:05 < J> oli mun tuvassa intissä
          15:09:05 < J> hehe, lähti pois sopeutumishäiriöisenä ku vähän ehkä syrjittiin sitä
          15:09:05 < J> nyt se sit kilahti
          15:09:05 < J> se oli intissä paskin ampuja
          15:09:08 < J> sai vissiin tarpeekseen ja hommas pislan ku rynkyllä ei ois osunu
          15:09:11 < J> no joo, jos se oli tuo ni ei oo ihmekkää
          15:09:13 < J> se oli ihan pimeä jo sillo pari vuotta sitte

Also, I heard on IRC that counting the shooter himself, the death toll has gone up to eleven. The front page of iltalehti.fi agrees. Let's see if the media will converge to that...

Also, I find it interesting how people have been going around identifying YouTube channels of people who idolise school shooters... and making it clear what they think of this. Have a look at the comments posted on some of these:

Give a little, take a lot, A kingdom built upon the rot. If power comes so easily, Then nothing but the best for me. Hey you, hold on, stop right there, I'm only human, lets be fair. Ill make no apologies, Or full confession on my knees. No, I wont go quietly, admit I am your enemy, I'm still the one you hate to love, Everything I ever was. I heard it all, did it my way, Did it my way, You cant change me, I am what I am.

Last edited by Ari Rahikkala; September 23, 2008, 11:21.
          This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

The guy's video:

"Juu vil dai nekst"

I mean, that could be a damn poor parody of the previous shooter's video...

Edit: missed the link in the OP...

Comment

Death toll rises to 11, including the shooter.
              In da butt.
              "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

Crazy.

At least here it's just immigrant drug dealers and Hell's Angels shooting each other up every night for the past month. Most of them are lacking in practice, though.

Comment

You have Hell's Angels in Denmark?

Comment

Oh, do we ever. They run the drug market after having eliminated their rival group, Bandidos, in the late 90's. But increasingly, they're being challenged on their livelihood by Mid-Eastern immigrants and descendants, so now both sides chop, bomb, round-kick and shoot it out to the best of their ability. Swell times in Copenhagen just now.

Comment

Interesting. I always thought the Bandidos and Hell's Angles were just clubs for motorcycle enthusiasts trying to be tough. No idea they were into the drug trade. Is it just a few bad members or is the entire organization a criminal front, like the mafia.

Comment

Shooting unarmed children. Real fkkn brave.

Comment

I would say it's definitely their main purpose. Smuggling and trading of drugs, gathering of protection money, some connections to prostitution and the "white slave trade", too. It's highly organised, very much like the mafia. They make use of "hang-arounds" for most of the dirty work of course, and also keep some appearance of being just a motorcycle club, especially to the young and impressionable segments of the public.

As with the mafia, they're very hard to get to for the police, due to the code of silence and the fear the instill in anyone with whom they come into contact. Witness protection programs are not as developed here as in the States, so they're mostly nailed on tax fraud charges, and, occasionally, outright murder.

But, generally speaking, I think they had no reasons to complain about life - until the immigrants started getting uppity. They're now faced with an opposition of similar ruthlessness, even closer-knit loyalty and camaraderie, and vastly greater numbers, which is definitely a first for them.

I should mention that we're not used to shootings here. Until the current spike caused by the showdown between these two groups, shootings were exceedingly rare, to the point of making the national news every single time they occured.

Comment

I'm sorry, I didn't intend to start a threadjack on such a grave subject as the Finnish school shooting.

Comment

Thanks for the summary.

Comment

Riesstiu, really? Well, they're organized crime. International. Just like in Denmark, they're here, all over Europe and beyond, and they are organized crime these days. They had a war up here in the north, bazookas were used and all kinds of other weaponry. They do drug dealing and all other types of crimes, extortion, not sure if they do murder for hire as well. But they're organized, they're connected together all over the world, and they are professional criminals. But they aren't too dangerous to normal people, they're out in the open, basically their underworld dealings don't include messing with normal citizens. Even though this one time these two Bandidos guys took my seat at a bar when I went to get some more beer, needless to say I didn't demand my seat back
                                Last edited by Pekka; September 23, 2008, 17:40.
                                In da butt.

Comment

Working...
                                X