Help Jaguar choose healthy AND tasty snacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Jaguar choose healthy AND tasty snacks

I feel I've gotten too reliant on the old Chips and Salsa standby. What I'm looking for are tasty snacks that aren't atrociously unhealthy.

Bear in mind that I am a college student with limited cooking ability, and I want my snacks to be readily available to eat when necessary - I don't want to have to work hard to make them. I have a fridge and a microwave.

For the time being, I'm trying wheat thins with goat cheese and hummus.
    "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

sandwich stuff.

Comment

Fruits, veggies... chocolate

Comment

Concord grapes. They're better than candy, very nutritious, and in season right now.

Comment

Cliff bars

JM
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN
          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Fresh fruit. In season, it's pretty cheap.

Alternate with your wheat thins routine for variety.
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Just eat Cheese Whiz out of the can. Healthy AND tasty

Comment

Cheap mixed nuts. Don't let the high fat content scare you. Also, trail mixes and such.
                If you don't like reality, change it! me
                "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Mmmm... Wheat Thins.

I'm quite partial to guacamole on pita chips (or wheat thins, or whatever cracker is available).

Comment

Aborted fetuses on a cracker.

Comment

Aborted fetuses of crackers, you wanted to say, I guess.

But yeah, dried fruit is a pretty good snack. Not so enthusiastic about nuts, though. Sedentary lifestyle and nuts do not mix well.
                      Graffiti in a public toilet
                      Do not require skill or wit
                      Among the **** we all are poets
                      Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Fresh fruit

Mixed nuts are good as well as is pita bread with hummus.
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Re: Help Jaguar choose healthy AND tasty snacks

Originally posted by Jaguar

For the time being, I'm trying wheat thins with goat cheese and hummus.
                          Why not just eat paper instead? Yummy!
                          We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                          If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                          Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Because wheat thins with goat cheese and hummus is very tasty?
                            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                              Because wheat thins with goat cheese and hummus is very tasty?
                              I guess it's hard for you to recognize a rhetorical question. You'll probably enjoy eating paper too.
                              We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                              If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                              Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Working...
                              X