Barack Obama's latest speech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Because the alternative is Obama.
    "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Yeah, there are a lot of racists still out there.

JM
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Because the alternative is Obama.
        And they told you the same thing about Kerry and you believed it. Thats how your being manipulated, if your always easily convinced that the alternatives are worse then present mess then theirs no incentive for the present leadership to actually fix its mess, instead all effort is put into smearing the alternatives.

My philosophy is that an election is completely about the performance of the ruling leadership, you vote your approval of it past performance without regard to what either party is promising (both will promise you the moon anyway so its pointless to compare promises). If your happy with the past performance then you retain the leadership if your unhappy you replace it. You reward competency and success and you punish failure and the only way to reward or punish the leadership is to install or remove it from power respectively. If you reward success you breed success, if you reward failure you breed failure.

If your so Jaded that you hate both parties you can't 'drop out' and not vote, thats rewarding failure. You get out their and vote the leadership out of office every time even if it mean voting against the guy you helped put in last time around. Keep punishing incompetents and their a chance someone competent will get in power and you could then reward them with a second term. Its as simple as that and if our country would learn that we could pull ourselves out of this rut.
        Last edited by Impaler[WrG]; September 15, 2008, 20:10.
        Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller

JM
          I just love this one! If you don't support Obama then you are racist!

Obviously anybody that wants a high paying non outsourceable job, free college, help buying a car, new energy, free healthcare, and pay no taxes should support Obama.

To support McCain would mean that you would have somebody who actually knows how the government works and that would give us, obviously, nothing but more of the same! Equally obvious...only a racist could support that.
          "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Originally posted by Impaler[WrG]

My philosophy is that an election is completely about the performance of the ruling leadership, you vote your approval of it past performance without regard to what either party is promising (both will promise you the moon anyway so its pointless to compare promises). If your happy with the past performance then you retain the leadership if your unhappy you replace it. You reward competency and success and you punish failure and the only way to reward or punish the leadership is to install or remove it from power respectively. If you reward success you breed success, if you reward failure you breed failure.

Its as simple as that and if our country would learn that we could pull ourselves out of this rut.
            Well said, Impaler (er, ignoring the spelling).
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by PLATO

Obviously anybody that wants a high paying non outsourceable job, free college, help buying a car, new energy, free healthcare, and pay no taxes should support Obama.
              Pay no taxes under Obama?!? But McCain said that Obama would raise my taxes. How could McCain have been so wrong?!

Comment

Originally posted by Impaler[WrG]

And they told you the same thing about Kerry and you believed it. Thats how your being manipulated
                Spot on!

McCain is clearly the devil. He certainly has never had a good or workable idea in his entire 30 year career. His knowledge and experience on how government works would lead us further into the kind of mess we are in now. It is obvious that we need inexperienced new bood in office. Someone who will not be held back by the status quo on how to get things done...Someone who has only just now met foriegn leaders and has no relationships with them to let preconcieved ideas and power structures to get in the way...someone who knows how to vastly increase services while decreasing taxes and balancing budgets. Give us Obama!
                "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler

Pay no taxes under Obama?!? But McCain said that Obama would raise my taxes. How could McCain have been so wrong?!
                  I had no idea you were a Wall Street fat cat...or are you a corporation?

In any event, if you actually are one of those entities driving our economy, then you are clearly both evil and racist!! Begone!

Comment

I take it you think the racists are going to vote for Obama then.
                    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious

I take it you think the racists are going to vote for Obama then.
                      Well...not sure how you got that from what I said, but I have a real feeling that a lot of racist will vote for Obama.

Comment

Well...not sure how you got that from what I said, but I have a real feeling that a lot of racist will vote for Obama.
                        QFT
                        A lot of people are going to vote for Obama simply because he's black.
                        A lot of people are going to vote against Obama simply because he's black.

Someday, America will progress beyond the 19th Century.

Comment

Well...not sure how you got that from what I said, .
                          You don't know what deductive reasoning is?

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler

A lot of people are going to vote for Obama simply because he's black.
                            A lot of people are going to vote against Obama simply because he's black.

Someday, America will progress beyond the 19th Century.
                            Very, very well said.

Comment

Actually it would be nice to have a black president for a change, but that's not going to happen if Obama doesn't get elected. Democrats will never try it again.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller

JM
                                Yeah, there are a lot of sexists still out there.

Comment

Working...
                                X