Barack Obama's latest speech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by asleepathewheel

And, luckily, we now know that a close association with a convicted terrorist won't significantly hinder presidential aspirations, so no worries there Chegitz.
    "Close" meaning "serving on the same board?"

"Convicted terrorist" meaning a generation ago?

If you have points to make that occurred in this century, let us know, will you?

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler

If you have points to make that occurred in this century, let us know, will you?
      What's really great about comments like this is that they usually come from people (perhaps not you, Z, this is a general point) who were more than enthusiastic about trotting out pics of Rummy and Saddam.

Comment

No, like launching your campaign from his house.

Good to see you admitting he is a convicted terrorist. Was "a generation ago" supposed to constitute a point?
        "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler

Most definately it does in this case

The same guy who recently said that he wished he could have done more? Yep, in this case it does

You should keep up better.

Of course, no one should let these things deter them for voting for Obama. Let's not forget all those high paying non-outsourceable jobs we will get while having to pay no taxes and getting free healthcare!
          "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

What's really great about comments like this is that they usually come from people (perhaps not you, Z, this is a general point) who were more than enthusiastic about trotting out pics of Rummy and Saddam.
            They said they would be BFF.
            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Difference is we knew Saddam was a despot even back then, Iraq was just a few months removed from our own "terrorist state" list, and we gave him weapons.

Did Obama know the guy was a terrorist and arm him?

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson

Did Obama know the guy was a terrorist

Yep

and arm him?

Nope
                Last edited by PLATO; September 15, 2008, 18:41.
                "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Question: Is all this garbage going to result in:

Your job being more secure?
                  Your kid having a better chance at a better education?
                  Health insurance?
                  A more secure pension?
                  A better economy?
                  Oppotunity to advance?
                  Bringing bin Ladin to justice?
                  A cleaner environment?
                  A restoration of the U.S.'s pretege around the world?

Keep your eyes on the prize!

Comment

Exactly!

Let's not forget that Obama is a Rock Star Greek God that has promised us all of these things!

Comment

I'm getting more from McCain's tax plan than Obama's (from your earlier link Z), so I'm happy.

and why do you think Obama is likelier to bring bin Ladin to justice?

Comment

We're now finishing 8 years of crap. We're fighting wars on 2 fronts, and the economy is in the dumper, with a who's-who of supposedly blue-chip financial companies (Lehman, Fannie/Freddie, AIG, Merrill Lynch...) now ready to go under or be sold off. We (Americans) are hated around most of the world just for being American.

Now we're told that "change" will come from John McCain, who has flip-flopped on virtually every alleged principle that he based his "maverick" career on. And to back it up, the GOPs nominate Sarah Palin, an inexperienced fundie with a journalism degree, as VP behind a 72-year old with 3x skin cancer incidence and a 1200-page medical history -- the most cynical, dangerous, and insulting political move I've seen on the national level.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

WHY THE HELL WOULD I EVEN CONSIDER MORE REPUBLICAN LEADERSHIP?
                        Last edited by -Jrabbit; September 15, 2008, 19:55.
                        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I'm getting more from McCain's tax plan than Obama's (from your earlier link Z), so I'm happy.

and why do you think Obama is likelier to bring bin Ladin to justice?
                          Because Obama's focus is more on Afghanistan/Pakistan than on Iraq.

Obama has always wanted to put more troops into Afghanistan. Admittedly, as the war in Iraq winds down, McCain is now also talking about redeploying more troops into Afghanistaan. So on this issue, the two positions are growing closer together.

IIRC, McCain once said that he would not send troops into Pakistan without Pakistani permission. Obama has interpreted this to mean that, even if the target were bin Ladin, McCain wouldn't send in troops. I doubt if this is really what McCain meant, but to my knowledge, he's never clarified it.

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit
                            We're now finishing 8 years of crap. We're fighting wars on 2 fronts, and the economy is in the dumper, with a who's who of supposedly blue-chip financial companies (Lehman, Fannie/Freddie, AIG, Merrill Lynch...) are ready to go under or be sold off. We hated around most of the world just for being American.

Now we're told that "change" will come from John McCain, who has flip-flopped on virtually every alleged principle that he based his "maverick" career on. And to back it up, the GOPs nominate Sarah Palin as VP behind a 72-year old with 3x skin cancer incidence and a 1200-page medical history -- the most cynical, dangerous, and insulting political move I've seen on the national level.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

So...how do you really feel?

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit

I don't understand why 90% of Republicans or Republican sympathizers aren't thinking this. I disagree with but can understand parts of the Republican platform. However, the current Republican Leadership just sucks donkey balls.

And sadly, McCain et al. aren't any different.

If you support traditional Republican positions, I think for the good of the country you should vote Democrat (or not vote) for an election or two so that a new group of Republicans can take power. With the strength of the Republican appointments, you don't really have much to lose.

JM
                              Jon Miller-
                              I AM.CANADIAN
                              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller
                                ... However, the current Republican Leadership just sucks donkey balls.
                                Because they're Republicans, shouldn't they be sucking elephant balls?

Comment

Working...
                                X