No announcement yet.

Barack Obama's latest speech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Senate cleans up after its own. Let's be honest here: the assertion that McCain is less corrupt than Obama is totally without basis (note that I'm not asserting the opposite). And if your standard is legal censure, then McCain is more corrupt.
    I haven't commented on corruption at all, only your mischaracterization of the Keating 5 thing. As a mater of recorded legal fact, there was no legal censure of McCain at all, and he recieved a complete absolution of wrong doing.
    "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Patroklos
      "Poor judgement" has nothing to do with absolution, which was complete.

The fact that not a single Democratic muck raker of note has really even touched this should surfice to prove what a non issue this is.
      The reason that they haven't is that the other 4 were Democrats.

Comment

Patroklos is hurting my head again.
        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

The truth hurts somtimes Kid. I imagine your head hurts most of the time.
          "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

As long as McCain is in charge I don't think blood will lightly be spilled.

The problem is: how long is the old cracker going to live?

Because I don't trust the ***** for a dime. Rightwing religo- nutjobs tend to have a very cavalier attitude about life.
            "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

As a mater of recorded legal fact, there was no legal censure of McCain at all, and he recieved a complete absolution of wrong doing.

No, he was not given an absolution. That's ludicrous. Again, he was reprimanded by the Senate Ethics Cmte for poor judgment.
              "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
              -Bokonon

Comment

Even Obama admitted "POOR JUDGEMENT" over his dealings with Rezco (on the land deal). So if poor judgement is the standard, Obama doesn't pass that one either. He's lucky the press gave him a free pass on his fund rasing, since he's changed his story multiple time on that one.
                And anybody that believe any chicago politician is pure as the driven snow, needs a new brain.
                Obama didn't come from a wealthy background. Think of the deals he must have made to get where he is today. But as every one comes to the surface, it's just tagged as poor judgement.

So if in all of his years, McCain has one poor judgement, and Obama in many fewer years has more, McCain wins that one.
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Yes, Obama admitted poor judgment (as has basically everyone at some point in their lives). A Senate Ethics Committee didn't bestow that honor on him.
                  "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                  -Bokonon

Comment

No, he was not given an absolution. That's ludicrous. Again, he was reprimanded by the Senate Ethics Cmte for poor judgment.
                    Reprimanded? Really? Is that official? What legal status does that have? Do you get a certificate or something? Does it go into any official record? Does it mean anything?

It was a inconsequetial comment with no legal standing/consequence in a finding paper that did not in any way assign wrong doing to McCain, either legal or otherwise. The investigation did one official thing and one official thing only in regards to McCain; absolve him of all wrong doing.

Comment

So if in all of his years, McCain has one poor judgement, and Obama in many fewer years has more, McCain wins that one.

Keating 5 is the only "poor judgment" of McCain was declared in the Senate. That doesn't mean that there was only one.

And I don't have any illusions about Obama. My point is that you seem to about McCain.
                      -Bokonon

Comment

It was a inconsequetial comment with no legal standing/consequence in a finding paper that did not in any way assign wrong doing to McCain, either legal or otherwise. Period.

My point, once more, is if that's the standard for corruption, Obama's even cleaner than McCain.
                        -Bokonon

Comment

Originally posted by rah
                          Yes, we'll vote for the more everyday joe.
                          How do you think Bush kept winning?

So working-class Americans are dumb enough to believe that a multi-millionaire oil tycoon like George W. Bush is your average everday joe just like themselves?
                          A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

My point, once more, is if that's the standard for corruption, Obama's even cleaner than McCain.
                            Poor Judgement /= Corruption.

Comment

So working-class Americans are dumb enough to believe that a multi-millionaire oil tycoon like George W. Bush is your average everday joe just like themselves?
                              Yep. It was the accent.
                              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun
                                Because the're both authoritarian idiots.
                                I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                                - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Working...
                                X