The Change to Nowhere

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Change to Nowhere

Once McCain added Palin to the ticket, he is no longer the candidate of experience, but he now claims to be the candidate of change. A Repug pundit this morning even opined that Obama's proposed "change" is now old school and that McCain is the only true candidate for change.

Okay, what does McCain want to change?

Tax cuts for the wealthy?
    Our war in Iraq?
    Our go-it-alone foreign policy?
    Our ignore-the-mortgage-crisis policy?
    Our ignore-the-credit-crisis policy?
    Our education policy?
    Our Iranian policy?
    Our Israeli policy?
    Lobbyists controlling legislation?
    Environmental protections?

I know he's said he wants to diversify our energy policy, but he's missed all eight votes this year on alternative energy, and Palin vetoed programs for clean coal and wind power.

So tell me .... where's the change?

I would say he wants to change:
    1) in part
    2) in part
    3)
    8)
    and don't know about the others, really.

That help?
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

He wants to change "change" itself. He's a reactionary. If you watched the RNC you know that they want to get rid of the Democrats in Congress and put the Republicans back in.
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

More specificity please

Originally posted by snoopy369
        I would say he wants to change:
        1) in part by _______
        2) in part by _______
        3) by _______
        8) by _______
        and don't know about the others, really.

That help?

Comment

Really. The Republican Party wants to get Republicans elected to Congress. Wow. That's, like, mind-boggling, man...

Comment

Really. The Republican Party wants to get Republicans elected to Congress. Wow. That's, like, mind-boggling, man...
            It's not too much change though. For decades, we Democrats have been doing everything we possible could to get Republicans elected to Congress.

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler
              More specificity please
              I know he wants to cut taxes for the middle class further. I know he wants to make sure we have the right people in Iraq with the right tools to do the job. I know he wants us to have a more positive relationship with our friends overseas. I believe he wants to limit the effects of lobbyists (whether he says it or not right now, he has a history of campaign finance reform and such and I trust him to stick to that once he wins the election).

I do slightly adjust some of your silly targets, given they were put forth in a non-neutral way ... but they are not unreasonable adjustments.

He also wants to restore the dignity of the office of the President, which is a change certainly, and work towards bipartisan goals, which is a major change, healing the rift between the parties. That's why I supported him in the primaries, as opposed to the more combatitive folks on the further right ...

Comment

Bush the second was also for healing the rift between the parties before the first election... bah you are screwed no matter what choice... you should vote third pary, all of US-ians who are smart enough to use the internets at least... (Wiglaf is excused )
                Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

I know he wants to cut taxes for the middle class further. I know he wants to make sure we have the right people in Iraq with the right tools to do the job. I know he wants us to have a more positive relationship with our friends overseas. I believe he wants to limit the effects of lobbyists (whether he says it or not right now, he has a history of campaign finance reform and such and I trust him to stick to that once he wins the election).

I do slightly adjust some of your silly targets, given they were put forth in a non-neutral way ... but they are not unreasonable adjustments.

He also wants to restore the dignity of the office of the President, which is a change certainly, and work towards bipartisan goals, which is a major change, healing the rift between the parties. That's why I supported him in the primaries, as opposed to the more combatitive folks on the further right ...
                  But he picked a social conservative to be his running mate and he wants to put more in Congress and the Supreme Court. How can you be falling for this?

Comment

Well, if you look at what what Palin said in an interview, they want to abandon the policy of second-guessing Israel pursued by those hippie liberals in the Bush-Cheney administration.
                    "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
                    -Joan Robinson

Comment

TAX CUTS Link

CNN has a chart on the effect of McCain's & Obama's proposed tax cuts. I'll be getting ~ $300 more from the Obama plan than the McCain plan.

Comment

It's a political gimic. Bush is the most unpopular president in recent history by far. So people want change. McCain isn't against Bush or any of his policies though. It's deception, and it's against what made McCain what he is today. McCain built his career on being the honest, straight dealing, American hero. Now in just a short period he's ruined all that just to get elected. Hell, if he really stood for what he claims he does he would tell people to vote for Obama.

Comment

Actually, at this point in the election, I'm kinda rooting for McCain to win.

Not because I agree with any of his policies, or like who he's become. But I feel confident in my assumption that America is filled with idiots who'll suck down platitudes and deception from the GOP faster than a GOP senator sucks someone off in an airport bathroom.

And I've always thought being an expatriate had a romantic sensibility to it...
                          B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs Snuggles
                            It does... sadly at this point, becomming an expatriate is becomming more and more difficult for me

The romantic sensibility is certainly there.
                            "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
                            -Joan Robinson

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs Snuggles
                              I might be biased but Antwerp is a great place to live.
                              DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Working...
                              X