No announcement yet.

The Poly Election

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Long time member @ Apolyton
      Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Given the choice to vote for a hurricane, I will choose it every time.

Comment

McCain will irritate the Euros so no diplomacy with them, leads to weakened position for U.S. to deal with Russia. Obama will strengthen Euro ties and Russia won't want to test a solidly unified NATO.

I'm consitently stupid- Japher
          I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

I hope you are right about Obama and the euros,

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
              You obviously don't have much experience with euros. At least the Germans and French which would be the ones able to face the Russians militarily if they had the will. I remember France pulling out of the military arm of NATO when the Russians were in Germany, just next door. That's the French, the Germans would have pulled out too if they could have. With 1/3 of their country slave to the Russians they cut their defense expenitures to 1/2 US expenditures as a factor of GDP.

No, without the US 500 million euros will fall to 150 million Russians, one nation at a time. Unbelieveable? Believe it.

Watch the EU conference.
              You are batsh1t insane.

European military spending

Even the Italians outspend Russia.

EU Total 311,920,000,000 USD
              France 74,690,470,000 USD
              Britain 68,911,000,000 USD
              Italy 40,060,000,000 USD

Russia 40,000,000,000 USD

Kid is right Russia invading Europe is like Canada invading the US.

Europe Fu*k yeah!
              Last edited by Heraclitus; September 1, 2008, 03:21.
              Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
              The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
              The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

nm
                Blah

Comment

Originally posted by Heraclitus

Even the Italians outspend Russia.
                  Plus they have this guy for PsyOps
                  Attached Files
                  Blah

Comment

Hera, so the Italians are going to free Georgia? Protect Ukraine? Uh, I don't think so. All those disappointed Italian communists are like millions and millions of Comrade Snuggles. Nice enough, but not ready to take on their tub rubber duckie when it gets roudy on the waves, let alone Russian aggressors.

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
                      Hera, so the Italians are going to free Georgia? Protect Ukraine? Uh, I don't think so. All those disappointed Italian communists are like millions and millions of Comrade Snuggles. Nice enough, but not ready to take on their tub rubber duckie when it gets roudy on the waves, let alone Russian aggressors.
                      What's with teh man love for Russia? They can invade Poland, so what? Any fool can invade Poland. They suck!
                      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious

What's with teh man love for Russia? ...
                        As a youth, Lancer faced down the Russian Army in the Fulda Gap. He doesn't easily forget.

Comment

My service was the first crack in the wall.

Comment

McCain/Palin

I voted for Obama to stand in Hilary's way.
                            What a shock. I'm stunned. Really. Sloww, voting Republican? Wow.

-Arrian
                            grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

I know... I don't think anyone really thought Sloww liked Obama when he was shilling for him in the primary.
                              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Probably voting Barr b/c of Obama's caving on FISA. Maine will easily go to Obama so I see no lead to inflate his win there, if Maine were a swing state I'd vote for Obama reluctantly...
                                Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Working...
                                X