Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello.....my name is Tia and you can ......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello.....my name is Tia and you can ......

JUST CALL ME THE FLIPPIN DIPPA DEEEEEEE DOOOOOOOO DAAAAAA PIE QUEEN OF AUSTIN TEXAS BABY!!!!!! THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT I WON!!!!!

Hit it girls!
    Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
    Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
    Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
    You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

Drunki threadi?
    So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
    Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Pie contest. Congrats.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Won what? Who can stay up longest and cook pies contest?

Anyway, Congrats... post your recipe NOW!
        Monkey!!!

Comment

I want pie

Congratz!
          Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

What do you get for winning?
            Monkey!!!

Comment

I won the Taste of the Driskill (Driskill Hotel Austin, very old, very sheeee sheeee poooo poooo) Pie Contest.

It was judged by the head chef at the Driskill, the food person from Texas Monthly and the food person from the Austin American Statesman.

I won a $500 gift certificate to the Driskill, a monogramed apron, and my pie goes on the menu at the Driskill's 1886 cafe as their "Signature Pie" for a whole year as well as there will be a plaque with my picture with the pie of course and a history about the pie.

I've been wanting to start my own bakery pie business, looks like I just may get the chance if I parlay this right.
              Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild

Comment

Congrats!
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

WELL DONE TIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
                  I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

Betty Lou's Buttermilk Pie

1 stick of butter

1 cup sugar

1T cornstarch

4 egg yolks

1 C warm milk

1 unbaked 9” pie crust

1t nutmeg

In electric beater cream thoroughly butter, sugar and cornstarch. Add egg yolks one at a time and beat well after each addition. Beat in 1 Cup warm milk add 1/2 nutmeg. Pour into unbaked pie shell and bake first at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Cut oven down to 325 degrees and bake for 45 minutes or until the pie is golden brown and firm to the touch. Recipe makes one pie. Make the pie crust ahead of time and refrigerate otherwise brush it with egg white. This will help prevent its getting soggy while baking. Garnish with dash of nutmeg on top as well if you like.

There ya' go. The quenticential Southerner's Buttermilk Pie receipe and an honor to my mother.

Comment

Congrats! And now we want to taste it - please post some samples
                      With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Thanks guys.

Comment

1 apple pie plz, k thx

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Awesome Tia. Sounds like a great pie. I know of the Driskill and it has a great reputation. I wish I had a dish on their menu.

That is truly nothing short of amazing.
                            Monkey!!!

Comment

TIA, YOU DA MAN!!!!
                              I KNEW YOU COULD DO IT!!
                              I just didn't know you were doing it now...
                              BUT CONGRATS ANYWAY, IT'S GREAT TO SEE THE PIE THING COMING TOGETHER!!!!

You go, girl!!
                              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Working...
                              X