The World without Europe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The World without Europe

Some of you may remember my World without USA thread. This is a spinn off of that successful thread. The same basic idea is applied

Europe as defined by geographical borders, meaning Britain, Ireland, Iceland, Cyprus, Mainland Europe, the European parts of Turkey, Kazakhstan and Russia is reverted to the state it would have been if humans went extinct in 2000 BC (this includes natural resources, flora and fauna and local atmospheric CO2 levels and sea pollution, not that it makes much difference since it mixes up with the normal water & air very quickly).There is no immediate explanation why this has happened. Scientists come up with a theory that blames CERN and another that blames a misfired secret nano weapon, but they are grasping at straws.

What happens next?

Immediate consequences in my mind:

Russia is only left with its Asian parts and no Happy Putin or Medvedev to run it. Siberia is needless to say sparsley populated.

-Economci crisis (after all a major oil producer has just been mutilated and is barely existant, the worlds food production capacities are significantly diminished in the short (by short I mean several years if not decades) term and the worlds largest economy has disappeared).

-The few remaining European colonies are left without their masters. Do they proclaim indepedance or do the Falkland Islands claim they are the British government and claim the British isles? Do other Commonwealth countries? Does French Guiane claim to be France? ect.

-Afrocentric groups claiming that Black Jesus will come back and kill all the crackers get much publicity in the US and swell in numbers.

-Fundamentalist Muslims see this as Allah's punishment for Europeans letting their women have abortions & being imps of the great American Satan.

-Fundamentalist US Christians see this as God's punishment for Europeans letting their woman have abortions & being imps of the Anti-Christ by abandoning Christianity.

-The pope together with a fair part of the college of Cardinals is gone. But so are most of the Orthodox patriarchs and the moderate & progressive strain of European protestants.
    Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
    The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
    The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Beer
    Blah

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro
      Beer
      Yes only American beer is left. :'(
      Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
      The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
      The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

"The few remaining European colonies are left without their masters. Do they proclaim indepedance or do the Falkland Islands claim they are the British government and claim the British isles? Do other Commonwealth countries? Does French Guiane claim to be France? ect."

I'm wondering where we set up the German ....uh...exile gov. Maybe it's time to hand out passports worldwide
        Blah

Comment

The Germans need some Lebensraum in case Europe disappears.

Quick BeBro spread the word and get your fellow countrymen organized!

Come on this should be second nature to you guys by now. You know the drill:

Ein zwei drei build a Reich. Ein zwei drei start a world war

Comment

We are nice guys now. We even sell our beer!
            Blah

Comment

Brazil & Argentina win the world cup between them for the rest of 21st century... Uruguay manages to break their streak with a win early in 22nd century... football becomes more boring than cricket
              Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
              GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

I see more like a race between different countries to (re)claim the land.
                Marroco, claiming Spain for himself, invoking the Moorish times.
                USA/Canada claiming Ireland, British Isles and maybe France, invoking European ancestry and fallen soldiers in WWI & II fields.
                Turkey claiming south east of Europe, maybe up to Austria and South Germany, invoking the Ottoman period.
                The Algerian, Tunisians, Lybians, claiming Italy and mediteranean islands for no reason except proximity.

I see those countries rushing to establish outposts on the coast first, then slowly conquering/colonising the inner land.
                I see a competion between farther away, but technologically more advanced USA and closer Islamic countries.
                I see a hard bargain/war between USA and Marroco/Algeria for Spain and French mediteranean coast.
                I see a hard time for Siberian tribes to colonise the European part of Russia, making it easy for USA/Canada to set foot in Scandinavia.
                The books that the world calls immoral are the books that show the world its own shame. Oscar Wilde.

Comment

Siberian Russia would claim it all on the basis that germans/slavs came from there in the past... in the end East Europe = New Russia
                  West Europe = US protectorate, Balkans = Turkey.. the remaining Anatolian Greeks would be super furious
                  Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                  GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Siberia has a population of 42.2 million people, also Russia has some of the worst demographic trends in the world. I can't imagine Russians keeping that much land. China might actually get away with just annexing Siberia and then using the transsiberian railroad to colonize eastern Europe.

Also why would the US have a claim in Europe at all? I would imagine Commonwealth countries having a claim in Britain maybe Ireland.

Also everyone is focusing on the recolonisation of Europe, what about power shifts? The US is basically left with no allies but Japan and Israel (Australia and Canada are nearly irelevant).

Russia is super weak, to the point of being a no power.

Also I would imagine Muslim countries get most of mainald Europe, the stream of African and Middle Eastern immigrants would be constant.

Again the unexplained factor of Europe's disappearance might lead the Muslims to believe that this is Allah's hint that its time to defeat the infidels. What would be Israels situation?

Comment

Maybe America would create pupet states:

"New Italy" With Itallian Americans settling there.
                      "New Germany" With German Americans settling there.
                      ect.

These would in theory independent states but since Americans would settle them they would basically become US states.

The real question is whether the American people even have the desire to settle virgin land, I can't see the modern American heading out East to claim a strip of land. I think the Americans of the 19th century where very different people in this regard.

Comment

I envision a nuclear war. A lot of our launch sites are in Siberia, and if European Russia is gone, they'll retaliate against the US (who else could've done that?) and China to keep them out.

Also, Georgia will take back SO.
                        Graffiti in a public toilet
                        Do not require skill or wit
                        Among the **** we all are poets
                        Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Originally posted by onodera
                          I envision a nuclear war. A lot of our launch sites are in Siberia, and if European Russia is gone, they'll retaliate against the US (who else could've done that?) and China to keep them out.

Also, Georgia will take back SO.
                          Hey, how would you like to play Putin?

link to post that links to the right spot

One turn per day

Comment

Originally posted by Heraclitus
                            [Also why would the US have a claim in Europe at all? I would imagine Commonwealth countries having a claim in Britain maybe Ireland.
                            Because in a strange situation such as this, Might makes Right.
                            Who's gunna stop them? Why do they need a legitimate 'claim'?

The land is there. They know it is good and useful land. Hell, anybody that DOESN'T try to take some is wasting an oppertunity.
                            Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                            1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Originally posted by Heraclitus
                              The US is basically left with no allies but Japan and Israel (Australia and Canada are nearly irelevant).
                              Huh? Both Canada and Australia are way more powerful than Israel, except for nukes (which both countires could develop in a heartbeat, but simply choose not to).
                              "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                              "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                              "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Working...
                              X