Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

List Two Things You Hate About The Candidate You Support.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• List Two Things You Hate About The Candidate You Support.

This isn't restricted to Americans. Just list one or two things about the Candidate that makes you uneasy or makes you wish were different. It can't be what others think of him but what he has done or said or believes.

I'm leaning heavily towards McCain but his problems with his temper bothers me a lot. Don't know if that would be a good thing in the position he seeks.
    Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

I want him to have fits of rage. I want the Irans and North Koreas and Russians to know he has fits of rage.
    I want him to have justified fits of rage, which I think he does. The time for talk comes and goes.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

That (s)he doesn't exist...

Comment

1. He has made some fairly elementary mistakes that play into the Republican strategy of painting him as a weak rookie. Whining about the "cone of silence" ?? Dude, just get your own answers straight.

2. Stupid pandering bs (everybody does it, but it doesn't mean I like it) like "windfall taxes" on oil companies. Instead of demonizing Exxon Mobil and the like, I wonder what could happen if a candidate who is serious about alternatives sat down with the CEOs of big bad oil to hammer out some sort of joint public-private effort to develop those alternatives (thus ensuring Exxon, et al. a share in the profits of those new industries). Just a thought, perhaps unworkable.

I'll offer a third: I do worry a bit about protectionism. There's been some rhetoric about NAFTA and such that concerns me.

-Arrian
        grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

I want him out of that starched white shirt and tie. Obama's not an elitist. He just acts likes one.

Obama wants to provide health insurance to everyone. Health insurance will not be the solution to the U.S.'s health care problems; it's the CAUSE of them. Free universal heathcare for all !! -- just like in every other industrialized nation in the world.

Comment

I'd be glad if I knew for sure who to support in the first place (speaking of my home Kraut politicians of course)
            Blah

Comment

I worry that he is in the pockets of special interest.

JM
              Jon Miller-
              I AM.CANADIAN
              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                I want him to have fits of rage. I want the Irans and North Koreas and Russians to know he has fits of rage.
                I want him to have justified fits of rage, which I think he does. The time for talk comes and goes.

I don't want a week president by any means, but there are times when a person must see beyond their anger and I'm not so sure he doesn't have a strong vindictive streak. It may be totally unjustified but it's a concern for me.
                Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

1) I worry about his stance on free trade

2) "Above my paygrade"? Are you serious? If you want to say that it's between her and God, then go right ahead, but "above my paygrade"? Dude, you're potentially the next leader of the frickin' free world. Nothing is above your paygrade.
                  "Beauty is not in the face...Beauty is a light in the heart." - Kahlil Gibran
                  "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved; loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves" - Victor Hugo
                  "It is noble to be good; it is still nobler to teach others to be good -- and less trouble." - Mark Twain

Comment

I look at it as similar to dealing with children. It takes more than saying over and over "Don't do that again. Don't do that again. Don't do that again."
                    At some point, some negative reenforcement may be required.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I look at it as similar to dealing with children. It takes more than saying over and over "Don't do that again. Don't do that again. Don't do that again."
                      The catholic parochial school guide to foreign relations
                      The undeserving maintain power by promoting hysteria.

Comment

The biggie for me is Obama's support for farm subsidies

There are, of course, countless other issues I have with him, but this is the only major one where McCain has a clearly superior record...

Hopefully, he'll take a less parochial view once he stops representing a farm state. There's some reason to believe this is the case based on statements he made at the debates, though I wouldn't put money on a decent farm bill being signed into law since that would mean spending a huge amount of political capital.
                        "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                        -Bokonon

Comment

That he went to Oxford,

That he doesn't appear on HIGNFY anymore...
                          You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Zkribbler in thrown into a massive negative flashback.

Years ago, I was sitting at a restaurant table with a bunch of my friends, one of whom had brought along her small son. He was playing with the lid on the cream. click, click, click She'd say, "Don't play with that, honey." click, click, click "Please don't play with that." click, click, click "Darling, stop playing with that." click, click, click "Honey, don't play with that." click, click, click

At which point, I reach over, took the cream container from the kid and set it down on the far end of the table where he couldn't reach it. She immediately picked it up and handed back to him. "It's okay," she told me. "He can play with it."

If I'd have been a gun owner, I would have exercised my 2nd Amendment Rights. What an incredibly lousy mother.

Now, back to our discussion on Presidential candidates:

Comment

I don't like the release point on his jump shot.

I hate the white shirts, too.
                              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Working...
                              X