Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How the US blew their chance to get Russia as an ally.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I have to be a bloody referee here?
    Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
    Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
    Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Saras

Come on, you know it's not true.
      Come on, you know it's true. You didn't have to be a die-hard communist to join the CPSU. It was mostly a chance to advance.
      Graffiti in a public toilet
      Do not require skill or wit
      Among the **** we all are poets
      Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

And end up like china, with a secret toxic pile of bad bank debt the size of national FX reserves? Thank you, we'd rather have long-term prosperous neighbours.
        As an aside, I would like to hear more about the secret toxic pile of Chinese debt. Any references you have would be appreciated.
        I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• Originally posted by DanS

As an aside, I would like to hear more about the secret toxic pile of Chinese debt. Any references you have would be appreciated.
          Well...they did buy a lot of mortgage bonds.
          "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

• Originally posted by onodera

Come on, you know it's true. You didn't have to be a die-hard communist to join the CPSU. It was mostly a chance to advance.
            :???: so you have to join Reps or Dems to advance in America?
            Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
            Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

• Originally posted by DanS
              It's from a drunk conversation with a Scot hedge fund manager. He thinks and has some proprietary and bought research (he also probably showed it to me...) that the size of bad loan portfolio of Chinese banks exceeds the country's external reserves.

Comment

• Originally posted by Propaganda

So I take it what you said before is meaningless too?

By the way, here is a working link to World Bank statistics...

"Temporarily Unavailable"

Seems like a bad link unless the whole world bank site is down.

Besides the stats published by the dictator of Belarus are worth less then the rigged stats published by China. It honestly reminds me how the USSR would declare a five year plan, fail to meet the goals, then announce they'd succeeded anyway.
                Last edited by Dinner; August 25, 2008, 17:55.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

It's from a drunk conversation with a Scot hedge fund manager. He thinks and has some proprietary and bought research (he also probably showed it to me...) that the size of bad loan portfolio of Chinese banks exceeds the country's external reserves.
                  A few years back the Economist ran an article on Chinese banks and if I recall correctly most of the bad loans were to state owned enterprises which the government essentially requires the banks to make if they want to stay in business. Basically China doesn't want the government owned businesses going bust all at once so they're forcing banks to subsidize them.
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oerdin

A few years back the Economist ran an article on Chinese banks and if I recall correctly most of the bad loans were to state owned enterprises which the government essentially requires the banks to make if they want to stay in business. Basically China doesn't want the government owned businesses going bust all at once so they're forcing banks to subsidize them.
                    So it's all an empty shell then.

Comment

• I was under the impression that the Chinese banks recently had been in part recapitalized.
                      I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Working...
                      X