Christina Applegate has double mastectomy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christina Applegate has double mastectomy

Bummer. Hopefully the cancer will be ended, though.

US actress Christina Applegate has had both of her breasts removed after being diagnosed with breast cancer.

The star told US breakfast show Good Morning America, she was "100% clear and clean" following the procedure.

"It did not spread. They got everything out, so I'm definitely not going to die from breast cancer," she added.

Applegate, best known as Kelly Bundy in US sitcom Married With Children, opted to have surgery after testing positive for the BRCA1 breast cancer gene.

'Shaking'

Applegate was diagnosed with cancer in one breast last month after a doctor-ordered MRI scan.

The star - whose mother, Nancy Priddy, is also a breast cancer survivor - admitted she had been having mammograms since the age of 30.

Applegate, now 36, revealed she was "so mad" when she received the diagnosis.

"I was just shaking and then also immediately, I had to go into 'take care of business' mode.

"After looking at all the treatment plans that were possibilities for me, the only one that seemed the most logical and the one that was going to work for me was to have a bilateral mastectomy," Applegate said.

She had the surgery three weeks ago, she told reporter Robin Roberts, and will have reconstructive surgery over the coming months.

"I'm going to have the best boobs in the nursing home," she joked. "I'm going to be the envy of all the ladies around the bridge table."

Applegate is scheduled to appear on a one-hour TV special, called Stand Up to Cancer, to be aired on ABC, CBS and NBC on 5 September to raise funds for cancer research.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Nice boobs she had.
    Graffiti in a public toilet
    Do not require skill or wit
    Among the **** we all are poets
    Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

It's a shame for someone this young to have to go through this. At least she knew she was at risk and having it checked. Fortunately she has the money for the best in reconstructive surgery.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I'll bet you won't even be able to tell the difference.

Comment

By sight or feel?
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Dang. Wishing her good .

But they won't be the same.
            Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
            Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
            One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Yeah, hopefully she won't have to worry anymore, though this is a pretty harsh thing to undergo.
                If you don't like reality, change it! me
                "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by rah
                  By sight or feel?
                  I volunteer to check both.
                  Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
                  I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

so sad...

very nice pic you found, they will be missed

Comment

But she'll still have her acting skills.

Kidding aside, I'll give her some credit for having some skills in that area.
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

RIP boobs
                        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Comrade Snuggles
                          RIP boobs
                          With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

that pic is fake
                            sadly she had little boobs before.

i wish her speedy recovery

Comment

Those were great cans. Luckily, like Steve Austin, science can rebuild them.
                              If you look around and think everyone else is an *******, you're the *******.

Comment

Working...
                              X