No announcement yet.

I give up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To me freedom isn't just having choices. It's being respected as an equal member of society. People in China are not respected as equals.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Can't Say: 2%
      What kind of ****** rings into these polls and says "can't say" or "not sure"? I mean, if they don't give a sh*t, why bother?
      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Theben
        Freedom of people, not corporations, idiot.
        He does have problems telling the difference. It's telling that India, like China, is developing by leaps and bounds even while it maintains pro-nativist tariffs and rules. One might even say they're developing so quickly BECAUSE they have pro-nativist tariffs and rules. The same goes for China. Their protectionism is serving them EXTREMELY well and because they're so big other countries put up with it and look the other way just as they did for the British pre-1920 and for the US pre-1945.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Comrade Snuggles
          Freedom is its own tyranny. Too much choice can paralyze people, who fear making the wrong choice. In traditional systems, people know what they are supposed to do and what is expected of them. It is a much easier way to live. The fact that we prefer more choices in the West neither makes us superior or inferior to those who chose differently.

Except they can't choose differently, because they don't have any "real" alternative choices and the choices left to them suck.
          (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
          (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
          (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Working...
          X