More fun with Kirk Cameron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DanQ

It does have a made-for-TV movie feel as opposed to a theatrical one somehow.
    No, no it doesn't. It's more of a direct-to-DVD-bargain-bin-at-your-local-JEBUS-bookstore quality. It looked like it was going to be your standard fare chick flick snoozer film and I kept expecting it to get preachy. They almost made it all the way through the trailer before cockslapping us in the face with the Jebus-will-make-your-wife-love-you-again nonsense. The scene where he prostrated on the bedroom floor? God, I wanted to kick him in the nuts. Grow up, be a man, and sign the f*cking divorce papers your wife probably had prepared months ago. Keeping a failed marriage going for your own selfish needs.
    The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

What does one mean by "more fun" with Kirk Cameron?
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Come on, the banana video?
        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

His little sister (DJ from Full House) grew up to be pretty cute...but she's a fundy too. Alas.
          1011 1100
          Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

DJ from Full House is one of them!? Ahh crap, she was my favourite

I should go and save her soul from these corrupt people who only eat banana's with a tab.
              be free

Comment

Originally posted by DRoseDARs
                No, no it doesn't. It's more of a direct-to-DVD-bargain-bin-at-your-local-JEBUS-bookstore quality. It looked like it was going to be your standard fare chick flick snoozer film
                Eh, I doubt it would sell enough units for that.

and I kept expecting it to get preachy.
                That aspect doesn't appeal to me either.
                PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
                >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Kirk Cameron is actually an awesome guy. One of the few actors who have openly shared his faith.
                  I fear one day I'll meet God, he'll sneeze and I won't know what to say.

Comment

Tom Cruise keeps it all for himself, such a snob.

Comment

Yeah, and Candace Cameron is NOT as cute as Katie Holmes. So I suppose we should be hating more on Scientology.
                      1011 1100
                      Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Zanarkand
                        Kirk Cameron is actually an awesome guy. One of the few actors who have openly shared his faith.
                        I don't begrudge him for sharing his faith publicly or expressing it. So long as it isn't 'in your face' with a "do you not share my faith? Why not, you should" message. The same goes with anyone of any faith to me.
                        PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
                        >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Honestly, an actor being a fundy is a lot better than the mess that most actors make of their lives. And other than a focus on Christianity, I am not sure what sort of 'fundy' behavior that Kirk engages in.

The movie does seem to be the sort that I would watch, but does seem to be the sort that some would watch. I don't really see what is so terrible about it?

JM
                          Jon Miller-
                          I AM.CANADIAN
                          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Working...
                          X