No announcement yet.

Genetic Map of Europe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If they had ten sample sto take, for the sake of diversity, base on historic/linhuistic information, some people should have been sampled:
    Finns, basques, hungarians, bulgars. These should be different from the rest if language is any information.
    Then some latins (Italy, Spain, France, Romania), Germans (Germany, England, Denmark, Sweden), Celts (Ireland, Scotland, Wales or Bretagne), some Slavs (Ploes, Serbs, Ukrainians, Russians).
    Clash of Civilization team member
    (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
    web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

I don't think basques are that different from spaniards.
      Basque toponyms (spelling?) are found in a quite large part of Spain (and south west France) and as late as the middle ages basque speakers could still be found in Burgos or Aragon.

Many spaniards are probably "latinized" basques.

Probably basque is the only survivor of the family of langauges spoken in Spain before the celts and romans entered there.

Spain has a basque base, with small ancient neolithic, celtic, berber, punic, roman, german and arab contributions.

edit: and jew
      I need a foot massage

Comment

Hungarians are different from basques because basques are indigenous western europeans (the most indigenous) but hungarians, while looking, at least most of them, like central europeans, have a language that came from uralic people.
        I need a foot massage

Comment

Working...
        X