Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oh great Gaming Gods of the Sky, help me...(windows won't recognise my dvd drive)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's definitely a driver issue. Reinstall your driver software which came with the computer.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

The easiest way to reinstall the driver is go into the control panel, and then into the device manager (cp->system->hardware tab->device manager) and find the drive in that, right click on it, select 'uninstall'. Don't agree to remove any files if it asks you to.

Then 'add hardware' and have it check for new hardware - it should find your dvd drive and reinstall it.
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Well, I tried that, except I used the newest driver for my laptop instead of reinstalling the older one. No dice. Looks like I'll be buying one at an Officeworks. Not so bad I guess, only $85.
        "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

Comment

Working...
        X