Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Texas Barbecue: America watch and learn how its done!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SlowwHand
    Let me add 2 more cents. Michael Rodriquez realized the error of his ways. I'll pray for him that God takes that into consideratron.

I've said it before, "Vengenance is mine, sayeth the Lord". What we do isn't an iota compared to what He could do. We only remove from society, based on laws.
    He dictates eternity. There's a big difference. If you don't believe in God, then I don't understand your argument.

selective reading and interpretation of "holy" books is how we got al quaida boy.
    "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Kiss my boyish ass.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Since it seems to fit with your moral convictions maybe I should go medieval on your ass

Comment

You're welcome to try. It will take more than pecking at a keyboard.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

A plane ticket to god foresaken Texas to start with.

Comment

FIGHT!! FIGHT!!
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

“Whatsoever you do to the least of my people, that you do unto me.” -- Matthew 25:40

So, if I've got this right, Texas is -- according to Christ himself -- putting Our Lord and Savior to death, and Poly posters are cheering.

Ok then.
                "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Theben
                  I was hoping this would be a food thread.
                  Holy ****, all this time I thought it was, and never opened it. Instead, I find that it's a gloat thread. Wow.

-Arrian
                  grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                    FIGHT!! FIGHT!!
                    Nono a flight...

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                      Kiss my boyish ass.
                      Do you know what an Old Testament Christian is, Sloww?

Not a Christian. You may want to pay more attention to the Jesus parts of the Bible, and less attention to the other parts.
                      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Yes, Che. I know. Thanks for the attempt at instruction.

Crime blog: 'Texas Seven' inmate Michael Rodriguez to be executed tonight

Comment

And there you go, disobeying your lord again.
                          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Slowwie, competing hard to be as thick as Ben...
                            Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                              Lest you think that "Render unto Caesar" means to obey the state in all things, the second part of that phrase was "Render unto God what is God's." If you believe in God, then what doesn't belong to God. Everything is God's, which leaves nothing for Caesar.
                              Huh?

As far as I understand and interpret the phrase, it basically means that there's a difference between the commands of the state and the commands of God, and that's all. The same difference that is stressed by the fact that Jesus wasn't a politician, unlike Muhammad and others.

Obviously secular life 'belongs' to God insofar as it is subordinate, but the point is that God shouldn't be invoked. The 'turn the other cheek' idea goes against ANY penalty, not just corporal punishment. It's an ideal, not a law.

Comment

In the end, I'm some proud of him. It doesn't erase his past, but he did right in the end.

"Texas Seven" member Michael Anthony Rodriguez executed

06:56 PM CDT on Thursday, August 14, 2008

By STEVE THOMPSON / The Dallas Morning News
                                stevethompson@dallasnews.com

Michael Anthony Rodriguez wanted to die, and about 6:30 this evening he got his wish.

The 45-year-old is the first member of the Texas Seven to be executed. The infamous band of convicts killed an Irving police officer in December 2000, about a week after their escape from prison.

Immediately before his execution, Mr. Rodriguez apologized profusely to those affected by his crimes.

“My punishment is nothing compared to the pain and suffering I’ve brought you,” he said. “I’m not strong enough to ask for forgiveness. I ask the Lord to forgive. I’ve done horrible things that brought sorrow and pain to these wonderful people,” he said.

“I’m sorry, so sorry,” he said.

As the drugs took effect, Mr. Rodriguez was praying in a whisper. “I’m ready to go, Lord,” he said.

Mr. Rodriguez had asked that there be no further appeals in his case, telling a judge that he hoped accepting his fate might help him enter heaven.

Comment

Working...
                                X