Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

White teens beat illegal Mexican immigrant to death.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Project for Excellence in Journalism did a study which found that illegal immigration was the biggest topic in the right wing media. Obviously that has something to do with violence against Latinos. Anyone who thinks different is extremely naive.

Remember how the Rawandan Genocide happened?
    Last edited by Kidlicious; August 2, 2008, 13:22.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Oerdin =

Kid =
      "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Patroklos
        Kid =

The Hutu, now without opposition from the world community, engaged in genocidal mania, clubbing and hacking to death defenseless Tutsi families with machetes everywhere they were found. The Rwandan state radio, controlled by Hutu extremists, further encouraged the killings by broadcasting non-stop hate propaganda and even pinpointed the locations of Tutsis in hiding.
        http://www.unitedhumanrights.org/Gen..._in_rwanda.htm

Comment

Kid, get help
          "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Yes, because syndicated right-wing talk-radio shows all have special "whack-a-wetback hours." If you call in with a screaming Mexican at gunpoint they send you a free T-shirt. A bumper sticker too if you manage to plug a pregger who's about to have her kid on U.S. soil to rob good American taxpayers!
            1011 1100
            Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Elok
              Yes, because syndicated right-wing talk-radio shows all have special "whack-a-wetback hours." If you call in with a screaming Mexican at gunpoint they send you a free T-shirt. A bumper sticker too if you manage to plug a pregger who's about to have her kid on U.S. soil to rob good American taxpayers!
              The've compared immigration to 9/11 and blaimed mexicans for spreading desease. If hate propaganda perpetuated actual violence in Rawanda why wouldn't it here?

Comment

Kid, please quote Limbaugh comparing immigration to 9/11. K, thanx.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious
                  The've compared immigration to 9/11 and blaimed mexicans for spreading desease. If hate propaganda perpetuated actual violence in Rawanda why wouldn't it here?
                  ...um, because the hate propaganda is not accompanied by a massive, organized campaign of genocide, the radio in question is not state-sponsored, there are not (AFAIK) actual calls for vigilante justice on these shows, and they also devote a fair amount of time to hatemongering against other targets, such as Lesbian Professors and the ACLU?

Also, *Rwanda.
                  1011 1100
                  Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

You can laugh if you want, but the article makes clear that Ramirez was killed because he was a Mexican. The White kids who did it saw him as less than human, underserving of the right to life. They are racist murderers.

Comment

Originally posted by Elok
                      ...um, because the hate propaganda is not accompanied by a massive, organized campaign of genocide, the radio in question is not state-sponsored, there are not (AFAIK) actual calls for vigilante justice on these shows, and they also devote a fair amount of time to hatemongering against other targets, such as Lesbian Professors and the ACLU?
                      Propaganda is a concerted set of messages aimed at influencing the opinions or behaviors of large numbers of people.
                      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propaganda

Come on dude. You aren't that naive. I know you aren't.

Comment

You can laugh if you want, but the article makes clear that Ramirez was killed because he was a Mexican. The White kids who did it saw him as less than human, underserving of the right to life. They are racist murderers.
                        Who is laughing at the article? I am laughing at Kid, as usual.

If you consider his position even remotely creditable, I will laugh at you as well.

Comment

The killers were caught? Are they going to be punished?

Then it sucks, but it's a law enforcement issue now.

If any of you leftists would tool up and form pro-immigrant militias, I might have more sympathy. But you're all talk and no action.

For the record I'm pro-immigration, especially from Mexico. They're mostly hard-working, poor, Catholics, just like my ancestors. Nothing wrong with that.
                          John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Who is laughing at the article? I am laughing at Kid, as usual.
                            I should have phrased my post better so that people would not draw in the inference you did. Sorry, I did not mean to imply that you were laughing at the article. It was clear you were laughing at Kid.

Here's why you are wrong.

What Kid is pointing out is that the same media-incited hate-mentality that lead to Ramirez's murder was present in the Rwanda genocide. While obviously the degree that of the atrocities is vastly different, the pychological mechanism of hate speech leading to hate crimes in the same. First, the victims are protrayed as less than human, and then it becomes "okay" to kill them.

Comment

Kid, please quote Limbaugh comparing immigration to 9/11. K, thanx.
                              I never said it was Limbaugh hack.

"You got 3,000 dead on 9-11, so you do the math and you say, "Well, how many of these 11 million people have impacted negatively on American citizens?" I think you could probably make an absolutely airtight case that more than 3,000 Americans have been either killed or injured, based upon the 11 million illegals who are here."

- O'Reilly

Comment

A old guy got beat by a younger guy in Longeuil yesterday.

The old guy was smoking a cigarettes in a park, and a young guy who was sit near the smoker asked the old guy to stop smoking. But the old guy smoking didn't want to stop smoking his cigarettes so he got hit by the intolerant anti smoker.

Everyday, anti smoker lobby are using airwaves and t.v. trying to propagate their anti smoking propaganda.

I'm not saying anti smoking lobby hit this man and resulted in him wounded but I do wonder what effect if any such non tolerant speech has in inciting people to violence.
                                bleh

Comment

Working...
                                X