Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GM Loses Another $16 Billion -- Bankrupt?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DanS
    What GOOG & MSFT & AAPL giveth, GM taketh away.

Do I hear an Amen?
    Not jobs.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• God, I really hate Barney Frank.

Comment

• Well, [insurance company] AIG, which I don't think anyone would think was as important to the American economy as the auto industry ... got $40 billion just now to make it up over $100 billion. To some extent, let's not have a white-collar/blue-collar bias in our public policy.

:vomit:

Comment

• What's more pathetic than seeing one wealthy person beg for money?

Seeing three wealthy people beg for money.
          A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

• I have been expecting this, and am surprised it did not happen sooner.

GMAC files application to become bank holding company to get TARP aid
            Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
            Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
            "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
            From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

• GMAC's long wait really confused me too
              Unbelievable!

Comment

• Yep, they actually got hit pretty hard by mortgage derivative, which they stupidly bought to to get income to bolster the bottom line in the conglomerate hit by sagging auto sales. BRIALLIANT!!
                "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
                From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

• I think Paulson's reluctance to help automakers at this juncture has to do with another, much bigger threat: the impending collapse of Citibank.

Comment

• I think it might have more to do with money down a rathole theory. On their current trajectory the Automakers could suck up on tens of billions of aid and still head toward zero. They have to fix the operation plan first.

Comment

• Originally posted by One_more_turn
                      impending collapse of Citibank.
                      Unbelievable!

Comment

• 1. GM cannot do a Chapter 11 or Pre-packaged bankruptcy. Pre-packs require financing. And there isn't any.

2. Yes, GM's labor costs are high. For a full century GM has been guilty of providing high paying jobs to American workers. What a national disgrace. HOW DARE THEY!

Originally posted by Lefty Scaevola
                        Yep, they actually got hit pretty hard by mortgage derivative, which they stupidly bought to to get income to bolster the bottom line in the conglomerate hit by sagging auto sales. BRIALLIANT!!
                        Yes, they did exactly the same thing every other financial company did, from Citibank to Toyota. So they were just as stupid as all the other Sloan and Harvard graduates on Wall St.
                        VANGUARD

Comment

• Originally posted by Vanguard
                          2. Yes, GM's labor costs are high. For a full century GM has been guilty of providing high paying jobs to American workers. What a national disgrace. HOW DARE THEY!
                          If you pay salaries higher than the market supports, this is what happens.

Paying absurdly high wages then demanding taxpayers subsidize these absurdly high wages does fall into the "how dare they" category.
                          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• While you guys b**** and moan about how much union workers make, what about the ridiculous amount of money that CEOs make??

Comment

• Originally posted by MrFun
                              While you guys b**** and moan about how much union workers make, what about the ridiculous amount of money that CEOs make??
                              The ones who make too much money should be let go if they are not earning it.

I ask you, how much of GM's revenue goes to paying the union wages and benefits compared to that of the CEO?

Perspective: it's what's for dinner.
                              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Yep - the principle of not earning your pay applies to both groups.

Who'd thought?

Comment

Working...
                                X