Suicide As A Reponse to Debt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jon Miller
    Difficulty in finance is a well known source of depression/stress.

JM
    I personally know this problem well. I have a Masters, yet until I get on the right career path, I still live on poverty wages and live at a friend's house and pay him some rent. For the past couple of years, I sometimes have had thoughts of suicide.
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by Victor Galis
      So if I'm getting this straight:

Step 1: Make a horribly irresponsible loan.
      Step 2: Use violence.
      Step 3: Profit?
      Proper syntax is to have "???"s in place of 2, and an "!" on 3. But in terms of spirit I think you've got it dead on.
      "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

People with little to zero downpayment and no-doc loans don't give a damn about losing their homes.

But people who lost their beloved homes because they cashed out equities and went on spending binges (or speculative ventures) are the ones suffering the most.

Comment

Originally posted by Felch People who want to get rich profited from the circumstances leading to those deaths.

The only people who lost are those of us who weren't involved in the idiocy, but have to pay the bill.
          Some how you don't seem so uninvolved.
          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

As expressed by the Berkshire Hathaway's vice chairman Charlie Munger: "Banks swept bums off the skid row and gave them mortgages!"

Comment

Working...
            X