Suicide As A Reponse to Debt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rmsharpe
    Can I post about how Cuba has the highest suicide rate in North and Central America? I mean, I'm pretty sure I can link that to communism...
    It's barely more than the US. On the other hand the US rate is over twice as much as in VE.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

I wonder how long until we see a debtor walk into a bank and start shooting.
      Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

That James Grant article is very interesting.
        If you don't like reality, change it! me
        "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
        "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
        "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Why these overreactions? Bankruptcy sucks, but it's not worth killing yourself.

I mean, if you were about to be captured by some sadist who would kill you anyways, but torture you for a while before hand, then I see suicide as justified. But financial difficulties are a part of life. Get through them, and the world will get better.
          John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

The author of that article is stark raving mad.

And her audience must be too if they continue to read her spiteful drivel on a regular basis.

Comment

Originally posted by Felch
              Exactly.
              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Felch

I mean, if you were about to be captured by some sadist who would kill you anyways, but torture you for a while before hand, then I see suicide as justified. But financial difficulties are a part of life. Get through them, and the world will get better.
                Well, that is the problem. To many people, their financial situation is a mirror into their self-worth and being. Working, providing for the family, having a job and a house becomes the be all and end all of their lives - to fail at those things, to be unable to provide, to lose a home and so forth becomes equated with complete failure in life, and thus ending that failure becomes "rational."
                If you don't like reality, change it! me
                "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

When people are depressed/stressed, they don't always do rational things. Difficulty in finance is a well known source of depression/stress.

JM
                  Jon Miller-
                  I AM.CANADIAN
                  GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious

It's barely more than the US. On the other hand the US rate is over twice as much as in VE.
                    Well, maybe we should also count the number of boat refugees that have died fleeing their country.
                    -rmsharpe

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller
                      When people are depressed/stressed, they don't always do rational things. Difficulty in finance is a well known source of depression/stress.

JM
                      The actions of depressed/stressed people are often quite rational, but only from a certain point of view.
                      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by rmsharpe

Well, maybe we should also count the number of boat refugees that have died fleeing their country.
                        Are you going to count the number of Mexicans who die coming to the U.S. too? How about Haitians?
                        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Its a sad story, but no I'm not going to get my gun because Joe Blow down the street bought a half million dollar house when he could only afford a quarter million dollar house. Likely his wife used are her feminine ways to get him to go way out on a limb, but who knows.

I also feel bad for the husband she didn't stand by through think and thin. To him I say, cough, Filipina, cough.
                          Long time member @ Apolyton
                          Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Are you going to count the number of Mexicans who die coming to the U.S. too? How about Haitians?
                            Sure, but increasing the numbers for Haiti and Mexico won't change the ratio betwen the US and Cuba.
                            "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
                              Its a sad story, but no I'm not going to get my gun because Joe Blow down the street bought a half million dollar house when he could only afford a quarter million dollar house. Likely his wife used are her feminine ways to get him to go way out on a limb, but who knows.

I also feel bad for the husband she didn't stand by through think and thin. To him I say, cough, Filipina, cough.
                              You are such a sexist pig.

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
                                What you meant to say is that mortgages on those straw huts they have are more manageable, right?

Comment

Working...
                                X