No announcement yet.

85% of U.S. Unhappy With Economy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any debate was ended by the Supreme Court.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah
      Any debate was ended by the Supreme Court.
      dude, you're just lighting a match in the fireworks factory.
      The undeserving maintain power by promoting hysteria.

Comment

Originally posted by Seeker
        Why was going off gold 'progressive'?
        You have all the other things quoted (EPA, OSHA, proposed universal healthcare), and this is what you ask about?
        If you don't like reality, change it! me
        "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
        "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
        "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

This is a country of laws and it was decided by the highest court in the land. That's the way it's done in this country.
          Any other opinion is just wishful thinking. Unless you think you should be the supreme authority. No one ever said you have to agree, just accept.

Jesus, some people just have to get over it and themselves.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah
            This is a country of laws and it was decided by the highest court in the land. That's the way it's done in this country.
            Yes, which is why abortion is a settled issue in the US.....
            If you don't like reality, change it! me
            "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
            "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
            "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by rah
              Any other opinion is just wishful thinking. Unless you think you should be the supreme authority. No one ever said you have to agree, just accept.

Jesus, some people just have to get over it and themselves.
              Easy, easy. I don't want to have the debate, I agree with you, it's pointless. I was just trying to poke fun at the fact that whenever the topic of Bush being elected comes up on these boards, a massive, heated, debate ensues. I certainly wasn't trying to say that I'm the fireworks factory that's going to explode with righteous indignation in defense of teh Gore. Maybe I need to use more smileys bo better convey my whimsical intent.

Comment

Ok, you got me. I too am tired of people that debate it and thought you might be one of those types from your post. Accept my apology.
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

no apology necessary, I was trying to stir the pot a little -- you're just not one of the people I was expecting to "get".

edit: you know, come to think of it, I'm not very good at this whole message board thing -- I should have taken that response and run with it.

teh Gore it teh best! the unlawful election of teh Bush is a blight on the nation. Our system is corrupt and morally bankrupt...etc.
                  Last edited by DirtyMartini; July 30, 2008, 11:20.

Comment

Originally posted by GePap

Yes, which is why abortion is a settled issue in the US.....
                    It is, until it changes.
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Gore won 2000, blacks were disenfranchised, the SCOTUS decision amounted to nothing less than a judicial coup-de-etat, and Thomas should've recused himself from the vote.

You right wing nutters feel better?
                      I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                      I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by Theben
                        Gore won 2000, blacks were disenfranchised, the SCOTUS decision amounted to nothing less than a judicial coup-de-etat, and Thomas should've recused himself from the vote.

Not sure if that's aimed at me or not, but I'm not a right wing nutter, I'm just sick of that particular debate.

In fact, in all seriousness, I tend to agree with you more than I agree with most people here.

Comment

Originally posted by Theben

Hmm wouldn't that be do you left wing nutters feel better now?

Us right wing nutters didn't have any problems with the official outcome.
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I find the opinion "because it was done by this authority, therefore it is right" disturbing. What if this authority didn't do its job? Whatever, it is land of the free anyway?

Comment

No one said "RIGHT" I said FINAL. It was decided by a set of rules. Some might not agree with the outcome or the rules, but it's much better than it being decided at gunpoint. So be disturbed if you want, but I'd love to hear a better alternative.
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah
                                No one said "RIGHT" I said FINAL. It was decided by a set of rules. Some might not agree with the outcome or the rules, but it's much better than it being decided at gunpoint. So be disturbed if you want, but I'd love to hear a better alternative.
                                Well, I'm just gathering from what you are saying that right wingers are happy, left is not, and again you say it was done by set of rules... I am saying what if it was not done by set of rules but their personal preferenses? Why was the recount stopped and the things that Theben said.
                                I have not done personal research on this other than seen several documentaries all state that it was done wrongly, perhaps they lied to me, perhaps they were left wing?

Comment

Working...
                                X