So when is the next Civ4 patch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, on both computers.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Asher if ur so smart why dont you make y our own patch!?!?!?!?!??11

Comment

Maybe Vista is causing the problem That's the one wildcard, I don't know what Vista might do to interfere, that might not have been addressed by Firaxis (as Civ4 came out well before Vista was available). I don't know why it would, admittedly, but that's the only wildcard here.

You might try setting it up as a non-LAN game (as an internet game, either using Gamespy, or DirectIP) and seeing if that works any better. I don't know how well LAN works, admittedly it should work identically to the above modes, but ... who knows
        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

What Wiglaf said.

Oh, and in case you haven't been paying attention to the Tech Forum (who really does anyway?) snoopy, Vista is teh awesome and if you're blaming it for Asher's problems you are clearly WRONG!

Comment

I don't care to diagnose other people's problems. Part of being smart, Wiglaf and LotC, is knowing when to delegate to other people.

In this case, Firaxis' **** is broke and if they want to earn their next paycheques, they need to keep their customers happy by fixing the **** that is broken.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Fixing stuff that people have already paid for? Nah, proper business is to be developing and promoting new software for the gimps to be buying

Comment

Play Civ2 instead.
                Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Originally posted by ColdWizard
                  Play Civ2 instead.
                  qfmadafakkingt, but Civ4 was fun while it lasted too
                  "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
                  "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

there's no way I'd be stupid enough to put anything by Solver on my computer

I'm afraid you already have by installing BtS
                    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Well, that certainly explains it. Prior versions of Civ4 I never had issue with.

Solver.

Comment

My buddy and I played 3.17 LAN and had no issues. Clearly Asher FUBARed his own system.
                        I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                        I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                          Solver.
                          Canada
                          Vista
                          Vancouver
                          Russia

Anything else I can do for you?
                          Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                          I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Fix what you broke.

Comment

Working...
                            X