So when is the next Civ4 patch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So when is the next Civ4 patch?

Tried playing it last night and every couple hours (in a LAN game) I got an Out of sync error.

Highly annoying. When will these clowns fix this ****?

And no, I'm not going to post in the Civ forums. Those things are scary and the people there are antisocial psychopaths.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

As opposed to the OTF?

They just came out with 3.17. It should fix your MP games.
    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

I am using 3.17 and it actually seems to have caused more OOS errors.

I used to get OOS right when I'm starting, now I get them when I've actually invested time into a game...
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

People play Civ4?
        Blah

Comment

It also bothers me that I have Civilization 4 version 3.

Why the hell isn't it Civilization 4.whatever?

Comment

Have you ever considered that you might be the cause of the OOS errors?

We play every week, very diverse group, and no OOSs (now that the event OOS was fixed)...

If it occurs far into a game, then odds are something minor is different in one of the installations. Usually that's due to Bhruic's or Solver's patch being installed (at one point) on one machine or the other.

An uninstall/reinstall should fix it, though. Just install everything identically on both machines.
            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
              Have you ever considered that you might be the cause of the OOS errors?
              How the hell does one cause OOS errors?

It is the program's responsibility to stay in sync...

If it occurs far into a game, then odds are something minor is different in one of the installations. Usually that's due to Bhruic's or Solver's patch being installed (at one point) on one machine or the other.

An uninstall/reinstall should fix it, though. Just install everything identically on both machines.
              They were both FRESHLY installed from scratch earlier that day (Civ4, Civ4: Warlords, then Civ4: BtS) and immediately patched to 3.17.

I've no user-made patch, and there's no way I'd be stupid enough to put anything by Solver on my computer...nor do I know or care who Bhruic is. This is stock Civ4: BtS 3.17.

I'm just curious when Firaxis plans on releasing quality software, is all.

Comment

One causes OOS errors by something being different on one computer than the other computer. That's pretty much the only possibility...

If you save the game and resume it (re-connect the offending party), does it re-occur? If you can predict what's actually causing it (if it is predictable), you might actually be able to figure out what the problem is.

All I'm saying is that it doesn't occur for me or anyone I know, so ... perhaps it's something specific to you?

(It could be the "If (username=Asher) {If (rand() < 0.2) causeOOS(username); }" line of code, of course ... you've tried different usernames, right? )

Comment

Does Civ4 allow you to save the just out of sync game so you can start back up where you left off?

Comment

Clearly it's Asher's attitude. The AI is wigging out.
                    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Yep. In fact, all the offending OOSer needs to do is leave and come back in. If it's a random OOS (which does happen very periodically, presumably due to network conditions) it just resets and is fine. It only is a problem if it is caused by an actual file difference (in which case it will repeat whenever the conditions reoccur).

Comment

Asher's computer is probably just too advanced for a so-last-year product like Civ4.
                        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro
                          People play Civ4?
                          I'm kicking Napolean's rear end!

Comment

Originally posted by Whoha
                            Does Civ4 allow you to save the just out of sync game so you can start back up where you left off?
                            Yes. It's annoying though.

Comment

Are you running Vista?

Comment

Working...
                              X