What Ails You?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Ails You?

Got anything wrong with you health wise that maybe isn't serious but just won't go away?

My main problem lies in my acid reflux. It isn't severe for the most part but it bothers me at least 3 nights a week especially if I eat late or spicy foods. I take over the counter stuff to reduce the symptoms as much as I can but there are times that I don't and I really suffer for it. It's caused by a hernia that I've had for ages but the doctors suggest and I heavily lean towards not fixing if as long as I can live with that symptoms. I've never been cut on and I'm hoping to keep that true for as long as I can. My other big problem are my feet. I have flat feet and I knew this when I first went into the service all those years ago. Towards the end of my time in they were really begginning to become a problem. I've tried insoles in my shoes and all manner of things but when I'm on my feet for long periods of time they end up killing me at the end of the day. Besides all that, I'm mostly healthy given I don't run like I used to.

So what Ails you?
    Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

My spine isn't straight. Never was, never will be (without major surgery, which I intend to avoid as long as possible). This results in a number of fun and interesting cascade effects. Yay.

-Arrian
    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

I have pretty bad allergies for most of the year. I can rarely use my nose as a result.

I too get a lot of heartburn. It usually strikes just after lunch but I don't really know what foods trigger it.

I have a bad right knee that gets very sore if it remains in one place for very long. Additionally, you can hear things popping every time I walk downstairs or bend the knee to any significant degree.

I suffer from atypical depression which has been going strong for a good 9 years now.
      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Lots of little things, but nothing worth whining about. Biggest problem is my teeth. But hell, I'm 54 and still fairly fit. I look around me and feel pretty damn fortunate about my overall health.
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

When I wake up I can't breath and get stabbing chest pains. I quit smoking a week ago and it's got better so I think they may have been related...

Comment

These bloody insect bites I got in Mexico...they just itch and itch and itch. Although apart from that I am in pretty good health!
            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I have a huge ego, but I think that's just a symptom of how awesome I am.
              THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
              AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
              AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
              DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael
                I have a bad right knee that gets very sore if it remains in one place for very long. Additionally, you can hear things popping every time I walk downstairs or bend the knee to any significant degree.

Yeah the whole popping thing isn't encouraging is it. I'm asked by my 8 year old why things pop when I get up.
                Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
                  How do you carry it around all day? Have you ever got half way to work and suddenly realized you forgot it at home?

Comment

Since it's part of teh world, which I carry on my shoulders, it hasn't been a problem so far
                    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
                      You're lucky. I have a huge id. Sometimes I go for weeks without thinking.

Probably for the best, really.
                      "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

Sometimes I **** a disturbing amount of blood.

Ignorance being bliss, I haven't bothered getting it checked out.
                        John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

I had a heart attack about 18 months ago. Since then I am stuck in the dilemma of either taking the medicines to prevent another, or a stroke; or having enough energy and sense of balance to get on with regular tasks. The meds throw off my balance and I wear out after very little effort. I take 'em because the thought of a debilitating stroke scares the **** out of me. (Imagine being caught in your body with a brain that functions from your internal point of view, but unable to transmit those thoughts to the outside world. My worst nightmare.)

We all have our troubles. As Bette Davis said, "Growing old is not for sissies."
                          No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                          "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Re: What Ails You?

Roger Ailes.
                            I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                            I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Isn't that French for garlic, anyway?
                              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Working...
                              X