Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So on my 6-month pass-probation 1:1 my boss mentions 'getting all the ducks in line'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sloww, all the problems are worked out. I didn' tmeet anyone in the parking lot, but I still ruled so I know what I'm talking about. Always be surprising. Give them pressure back, give them something they want to avoid having, so they'd rather conform than fight you.

Theben, not yet, but it's getting better every single day. And if that happens, i wouldn't say about it like that, because I respect her.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Do you get to shoot them once they're "in line"? If not, what happens next?
      We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
      If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
      Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

That's it, get your ducks in a line and you can shoot them all with one bullet, very efficient. I however use an arrow so they're all ready skewered for the BBQ.
        Long time member @ Apolyton
        Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Cort is toast. Just tell him and let him get his mind right about it.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

startupista.com is available for purchase. Get in touch to discuss the possibilities!
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Yes. Yada yada, ad infinitum.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

My ducks are fine, it was other people's ducks he was referring to. I had a glowing report.

Comment

No, you're supposed to get them in a line and shoot them. So if your ducks are fine that means you need to put more effort in.
                  Last edited by DrSpike; July 13, 2008, 09:47.

Comment

I think ducks are traditionally arranged in rows, not lines.
                    The undeserving maintain power by promoting hysteria.

Comment

That's what I thought, too.
                      THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                      AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                      AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                      DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Okay, I used that generator of Asher's. WTF is a 'mindshare?' Whatever it means, I want to kill whoever made it up.
                        1011 1100
                        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Mindshare is marketshare of the mind.
                          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Elok
                            Okay, I used that generator of Asher's. WTF is a 'mindshare?' Whatever it means, I want to kill whoever made it up.
                            You're not thinking outside the box, Elok.
                            Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Gee Pekka, I assume you don't make such noises when you're talking to the shrink doctors. They'll never let you go back to work. I guess you don't since I doubt you could post from a padded cell.

But still, it might be fun to be on your evaluation team.
                              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                              X