Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So on my 6-month pass-probation 1:1 my boss mentions 'getting all the ducks in line'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So on my 6-month pass-probation 1:1 my boss mentions 'getting all the ducks in line'

and I have to sit there and not piss myself laughing.

Corporate bollox-babble

Comment

What does 'getting all the ducks in line' actually mean?
      "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

Comment

getting yer **** together.
        I'm consitently stupid- Japher
        I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Like they said in A-Team: "I love it when yer **** comes together"
          Blah

Comment

AKA "Must try harder..."
            Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

One of my colleagues uses these kind of phrases all the time, and I've started doing it myself actually.

I don't think I could go as far as the ducks one though.

Comment

The important part is that his boss did.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Do you feel your ducks are in a line?

If so, it could be a management issue
                  Monkey!!!

Comment

It doesn't matter if he does or doesn't, particularly. His boss's perception matters.

Mark Twain said "Once you're known as an early riser, you can sleep until noon".
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

ducks in the line....

why didn't you fire back dude? Saying, hey, cut the crap Matlock, at least I have the balls to speak my mind without resorting to double talk. Listen, you're my boss, right? You expect me to respect you, you big ****ing ***** you? Have you ever seen the Goodfellas?? Have you? You know in that movie, they do that whole heist thing, Henry Hill, you know the story, even though you're an English *****, don't you?

You know what the lesson of the story is? The REAL lesson? It's not that the rats get it at the end, it's that you protect your own ass, and see when the time has come to make a move. That's right, I'm gunning for your ass. I'm going to your boss and say that you called me a ******. I'm getting HR involved, I'm getting everyone involved. You're going to lose your job, and I'm going to apply for it. So... get your ducks in line, *****!
                      In da butt.
                      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Also, if you're going to lose,just wait him in the parking lot and kick him in the face. No matter what, you win. You either win his job, or he loses his teeth. You can't say you'd rather take his place now would you?

You see, win-win. Don't get even, get berzerk.
                        In da butt.
                        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                        THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                        "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

SuperCitizen in effect
                          Monkey!!!

Comment

Pekka, did you get all your work problems solved?
                            Did you meet them in the parking lot?

Comment

More importantly, have you ****ed the **** out of that girl yet?
                              I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                              I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Working...
                              X