No announcement yet.

McCain not natural born?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I brought it up and was ridiculed endlessly.
    "

Comment

Yes! That way the Republicans will have to rush through an amendment allowing foreign-born citizens to run for president, clearing the way for Schwarzenegger in 2012!
      Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Originally posted by Mercator
        Yes! That way the Republicans will have to rush through an amendment allowing foreign-born citizens to run for president, clearing the way for Schwarzenegger in 2012!
        I feel the birth of a conspiray. McCain is just a puppy that will allow the election of teh terminator as pres.
        With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by EPW
          I brought it up and was ridiculed endlessly.
          I just searched and found your post. Your problem was you didn't describe the situation accuratly.
          USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
          The video may avatar is from

Comment

I miss voted. I voted "Yes, McCain supporter"... stupid hanging chad!
            Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tattila the Hun
              Eh, a country, that is build on emigrants, and doesn't let one run for the highest office?
              How do you build a country on emigrants?
              I'm consitently stupid- Japher
              I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

I get so tired of this ****. Partisan Republicans claim Obama is an illegal immigrant and partisan Democrats claim McCain isn't a natural born citizen. They're both natural born so stop repeating this garbage.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Will

I just searched and found your post. Your problem was you didn't describe the situation accuratly.
                  I described it more accurately than you
                  "

Comment

Originally posted by Theben

How do you build a country on emigrants?
                    lots of duct tape,boards, and wheels would presumably be involved.

Comment

Originally posted by Whoha

lots of duct tape,boards, and wheels would presumably be involved.
                      Its kinda hard to do that they after they have left the country
                      USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
                      The video may avatar is from

Comment

Immigrant, perhaps? Of course, he is an emigrant in his native country.

And obviously, I mean building on the shoulders of said immigrants. Strong bunch.
                        I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

This is the worst constructed and worded poll in the history of the Internet. After much deliberation, I voted no, but I'm still not sure it'll be taken the way I intended.

Comment

I imagine that if the Dems tried to use this, there'd be a huge backlash.

I also think the natural-born requirement is retarded.
                            "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
                            -Joan Robinson

Comment

Originally posted by Victor Galis
                              ...I also think the natural-born requirement is retarded.
                              Except it was written into the Constitution and the insistence of George Washington and other Founding Fathers.

Here is the weak point of Professor Chin's argument:

In 1937, Congress addressed the problem, enacting a law that granted citizenship to people born in the Canal Zone after 1904. That made Mr. McCain a citizen, but not one who was naturally born, Professor Chin said, because the citizenship was conferred after his birth.
                              There are two ways of becoming a citizen. Either be a natual-born citizen or go through the naturalization process that all our immigrant citizens have gone through. Chin agrees McCain is a citizen. McCain was never naturalized. Ergo, he must be a natural-born citizen.

Point Two: Prof. Chin assumes the statute did not confer natural-born citizenship retroactively. Why would Congress see a problem but fix it only for children who were to be born after the statute passed?

McCain [as well as Goldwater (born in the Arizona territory) Romney (born in Mexico), Gore (born in the District of Columbia] are all natural-born citizens.
                              Last edited by Zkribbler; July 12, 2008, 17:44.

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler

Except it was written into the Constitution and the insistence of George Washington and other Founding Fathers.
                                And that makes it less retarded how?
                                "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
                                -Joan Robinson

Comment

Working...
                                X