No announcement yet.

When government regulation fails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So Shaw sucks in Alberta? Another reason not to live there.

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
      Ah capitalism.
      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

That's the same problem we've got with cable companies in the states.
        I'm consitently stupid- Japher
        I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by LotC
          So Shaw sucks in Alberta? Another reason not to live there.
          All cable companies suck. Rogers is, amazingly, even worse.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Snuggles

Rogers is, amazingly, even worse.

I was sooooo glad to leave Rogers behind. I'm with Telus now and unlike your experience I find them to be great. I've yet (2 years) to receive a spam text message from anyone, including Telus.
            "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
            "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

I used to hate Rogers, but then I switched everything (internet, phone, cel, cable) to Bell and discovered new levels of **** service. I've since switched back and found Rogers to be greatly improved from what I remember, although still far from what I'd call great customer service.
              "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
              "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
              "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Ouch, finally a reason to not live in Canada
                You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by Kontiki
                  I used to hate Rogers, but then I switched everything (internet, phone, cel, cable) to Bell and discovered new levels of **** service. I've since switched back and found Rogers to be greatly improved from what I remember, although still far from what I'd call great customer service.
                  That is the dilemma. As with politics we are expected to choose from a rotten barrel.

I had nothing but problems with Bell's billing department. They couldn't get a bill right to save themselves. Absolutely horrible.
                  "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                  "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil

That is the dilemma. As with politics we are expected to choose from a rotten barrel.

I had nothing but problems with Bell's billing department. They couldn't get a bill right to save themselves. Absolutely horrible.
                    I had Bell's DSL when I lived in Richmond Hill a few years ago. I returned the modem, registered mail, and then 6 months later I had a $300 charge on my credit card for a modem they said I didn't return.

After much arguing and faxing of the registered mail receipt, they said they would CREDIT my account with the charges.

I told them I then lived in Alberta and I didn't have a Bell account, nor would I ever again, and it wasn't until I threatened to go through Mastercard that they credited me back my money. The ****ers.
                    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Speak of the devil...

Ottawa calls Bell, Telus on carpet

OTTAWA—The federal Industry Minister is calling the chiefs of Bell Mobility and Telus to a meeting to explain an "ill-thought out decision" to charge cell phone users for incoming text messages.

Jim Prentice issued a statement saying he doesn't want to interfere in the operations of two private companies but has "serious concerns" that they will begin charging customers 15 cents for text messages they receive starting next month.

Bell plans to levy the new charge starting Aug. 8. Telus will follow suit Aug. 24.

"I do have a duty as Minister of Industry, when necessary, to protect the interests of the consuming public," Prentice wrote in a statement. "I believe this was an ill-thought-out decision."

One of the chief concerns is that cell-phone users, particularly the young, will be charged for spam text messages that they receive.

According to the Canadian Wireless Telecommunications Association, an average of 45.3-million text messages are sent by Canadians each day.

Spokespeople for the two firms have said that customers can contact them to have charges for spam messages deleted from their bills. Heavy text message users also have the option of signing up for a special plan that could reduce overall costs.

Prentice has sent letters to the chief executives of the two companies asking for a meeting before the new charges come into effect Aug. 8 to explain the decision "with a view to finding a solution that provides the best service to consumers at the best price."

Comment

Working...
                      X