Do you use both shift keys?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you use both shift keys?

It occurred to me the other day that I don't actually use the right shift key. I always use the left one. Maybe it's because the right one is often further out of reach.

If I need to type a left-pinky letter in caps (Q, A, Z) I just slide over the ring finger to do it so that the left pinky can still press shift.

Are there other people out there like me?
    Both
    35.90%
    Just Left
    53.85%
    Just Right
    10.26%
    i don't use any capital letters and/or banana
    0.00%
    "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Mostly the left shift key for myself...but then, I am left-handed as well.

Comment

Re: Do you use both shift keys?

Originally posted by Jaguar
      It occurred to me the other day that I don't actually use the right shift key. I always use the left one. Maybe it's because the right one is often further out of reach.

If I need to type a left-pinky letter in caps (Q, A, Z) I just slide over the ring finger to do it so that the left pinky can still press shift.

Are there other people out there like me?
      I hadn't thought of it either, until now. I looked at the keyboard. To the best of my recognition, I use left.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I press Caps Lock twice, instead.
        THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
        AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
        AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
        DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Mostly left left. I use the right to type ACK!, however.

I have to look at my hands while typing, I semi-touch type I guess you'd say. I don't actually look for the keys, I know where they are.

ACK!
          Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Voted just left, which is a lie.

Comment

The shift key that I use is just right for me.

Comment

I never really gave it much thought either, but I'd say I use the left shift key more than 90% of the time.

Comment

There is a right shift key?

Ah yes, I use it to type question marks. and teh smiley coluns

Comment

PLease subtract one from left and add to both.

Comment

I changed my right Shift key to be the Windows-key. I don't have such a key on my laptop.

Apparently there's some three-key combination to which also functions as the Windows-key. What is it again??
                      Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                      Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Ctrl-Alt-Del
                        THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES

Comment

blah

That just opens the Task Manager these days btw. It isn't as funny as ten years ago.

Edit: Ctrl-Esc
                          Last edited by Maniac; July 6, 2008, 18:58.
                          Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                          Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Is it time for another thread on the wonders of a one-button mouse?

Comment

It's never time for more threads, only threadis.

Comment

Working...
                              X