No announcement yet.

Do you use both shift keys?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use both but the left more often. Mostly because my right hand rests on the mouse, which I keep to the right of the keyboard.

If you don't use a mouse, the above question is of interest.
    On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

I use both
      USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
      The video may avatar is from

Comment

I use both.

Comment

i use neither. i hate punctuation, capital letters, checking my spelling, thinking before i write, or typing moar than 1 line per post.

I use the caps lock key when i MUST. <<seehowididthat?
          Order of the Fly
          Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Ctrl+alt+shift+Q

all on the same side of the board.
            Monkey!!!

Comment

I use the right shift key in some games where I prefer to use the arrow keys for movement (and then shift for strafing). But those games are kinda rare.

Not for typing. Right pinky has way too many responsibilities already.

Comment

I use both, but the left one more often.
                Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

You know, I don't actually know what I do in terms of using the shift key so I have typed out this needlessly long paragraph to test it. And you know what? It would appear that I never use the right-hand shift key at all...looking at the keyboard the key is absolutely pristine, never touched by human hands
                  Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

But you're a dalek, Provost, so you presumably type with your head-wand.

Comment

I type with both hands, so I use both keys.
                      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

I use both keys, like for an I I use the right one, while for an B I use the left one.

JM
                        Jon Miller-
                        I AM.CANADIAN
                        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Left here, though I use the perhaps unorthodox method of typing 'pinky' letters with other fingers on my left hand rather than attempting some kind of right hand slide.

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus
                            But you're a dalek, Provost, so you presumably type with your head-wand.
                            I just fire a deathray at the keyboard. My boss is going to sack me if I destroy another laptop
                            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

They should have realised what they were getting into when you threatened to exterminate them at the interview.

Comment

How do you think I got the job?
                                Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Working...
                                X