When You Bathe...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr Snuggles
    I wonder if the bar soap users here know that bacteria can and does grow on bar soap?
    So? Bacteria grow on every part of our skin - hell, there are more bacteria inside of us that human cells.

I use bar soap.
    If you don't like reality, change it! me
    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Men have gotten yeast infections by sharing a bar of soap with a woman.

Women.
      Bars of soap.

Men are perfectly capable of brewing up yeast infections of their own.
      The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Originally posted by GePap

So? Bacteria grow on every part of our skin - hell, there are more bacteria inside of us that human cells.

I use bar soap.
        Not that I don't enjoy giving arts-grad civil servants science lessons, but not all bacteria is good. The kind that grows on soap is generally not good.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

What, so there's a kind of bacterium that grows on soap (and therefore presumptively eats whatever the hell my Lever 2000 is made of) but can also live inside a human? Huh.
          1011 1100
          Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Lazarus and the Gimp

Men are perfectly capable of brewing up yeast infections of their own.
            I'm sure you are.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

It must be a very hardy bacterium that can grow on soap...
              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Not that I don't enjoy giving arts-grad civil servants science lessons, but not all bacteria is good.
                Wow, really???

Obviously you do enjoy being a jackass still.

The kind that grows on soap is generally not good.
                The kind of bacteria on most bar soap is the kind you had on your skin anyways, some of which may be harmful, most of it completely benign (since it's on your skin all the time without ever making you sick).

I guess I just have a healthier immune system than yours, having never gotten sick by using soap. Must be all that *******ness weakening the body.

Comment

It's probably more to do with where he has been putting that bar of soap that is causing him the "sickness"...
                  Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Here is an online post to the question of whether bar soap develops bacteria:

bar soap is constantly wet
                    when used to wash off the hands and body it retains any of the germs or bacteria it comes in contact with
                    so it can grow bacteria and each time you or anyone uses it the bacteria will multiply and in addition to washing off dirt it keeps reapplying bacteria to the skin- yours and anyone else who used it
                    that is why you should use liquid soap
                    each use is clean and everyone can use it
                    and never share soap
                    there is antibacterial soap but it is not a good idea to use it for prolonged periods for the same reason prolonged use of antibiotics is dangerous
                    it begins to hinder the body's ability to fight off common germs and bacteria

Sounds like a reasonable answer, but then, I don't have the same bacteriaphobia that many people like Asher have.

Comment

Originally posted by GePap
                      Here is an online post to the question of whether bar soap develops bacteria:

Sounds like a reasonable answer, but then, I don't have the same bacteriaphobia that many people like Asher have.
                      Not everyone can be intelligent about the little decisions in life. I bet you don't wash your hands after using the washroom either. What's a little bacteria between friends?

It's not a question of "if" bar soap develops bacteria -- it does, period. Whether you mind or not is your business, but next time you're at a doctor's office look to see if they've got bar soap or liquid soap in their bathrooms...

Comment

I bathe in acid. Problem solved
                        Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Here's some fun science stuff:

Bar soap from 18 different dental clinics were investigated for microbial contamination, while it was "in-use". Of the 32 samples obtained from the bar soap, 100% yielded positive culture. A total of 8 different genera of organisms were isolated. Each bar soap was found to harbor 2-5 different genera of micro organisms. Heavily used soap had more micro organisms compared to less used soap. The microbial load of the "in-use" bar soap constituted a mixed flora of gram positive, gram negative, aerobes, anaerobes, and fungi. The results indicate that the bar soap under "in-use" condition is a reservoir of microorganisms and handwashing with such a soap may lead to spread of infection.

The soaps were found to harbor 2 to 5 different genera of microorganisms per bar. Maximum number of bar soaps, 21(65.62%) had harbored 4 different genera of microorganisms, while 7(21.87%) samples showed 5 genera of microorganisms and 4(12.5%) samples showed 2 genera of microorganisms. [Table - 1], also summarizes the frequency of isolation of the microorganisms from 32 samples. Staph.epidermidis was a common feature in all the samples, while pathogenic Staphaureus was found in 6 samples. E coli and Klebsiella had a major share of occurrence, i.e25 of 32 and 28 of 32 samples respectively. Table 2 compares the microbial isolates of the present study with two other previous studies [1],[2].

Comment

Bar soap. Seems to work.

-Arrian
                            grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Liquid soap or bath gel. No wash cloth one of those scrunchyy soapy things. Nursing 101 bar soap harbors germs. It was one of the first few things we learned. Oh and if you use the anti bactierial hand gel stuff it only works for three times then you have to wash your hands again to stay germ free.

I like something that I can rinse out when I'm done and feel that it's clean or at the very least non soapy.
                              Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
                              Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
                              Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
                              You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
                                Bar soap
                                Yeah, I've had bad beer like that
                                Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Working...
                                X