Knife Carnage in London

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knife Carnage in London

Much as we British criticise the Americans for their dumbass gun laws, we are suffering an epidemic of knife crime in the capital...

This Happened in the area I used to live yesterday...

This has been what has been going on in our capital since the beginning of the year...
    Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

There have been a lot around South East London recently, some of them only within a few kilometres of my house. New Cross isn't much more distant. Absolutely shocking...makes you wonder what the hell is going on!
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Are you admitting to commiting knife crime Mr Harrison?

In Bromley they are more inventive, they use screwdrivers rather than knives to stab people.
      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

I remember some innocent guy being killed near Canary Wharf by a gang of teenagers who specifically aimed for his femoral artery because if they were caught they could plead manslaughter instead of murder...
        Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

At least they are well educated yobs
          You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

You guys need more Texans.
            John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Sure, so long as they work
              You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

What is it that motivates acts of violence such as these over in England? The victims are all so young, as are most of their killers, but I didn't think you guys had gang problems.

Comment

What is it that motivates acts of violence such as these over in England?

You've clearly never been there.
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                  Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

The Rain.

Comment

the portrayal of increasing incedence of knife crime in the media has coincided with the relaxation of the laws of cannabis possesion

Violence can stem from lack of intelligent verbal resolutions to a conflict. Im hoping that being able to freely smoke a spliff in the street isnt leading to a rise in violence
                      Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

Re: Knife Carnage in London

Originally posted by MOBIUS
                        Much as we British criticise the Americans for their dumbass gun laws, we are suffering an epidemic of knife crime in the capital...

Still, we have yet to hear of any innocent bystanders being mowed down in a drive-by stabbing.
                        The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Re: Re: Knife Carnage in London

Originally posted by Lazarus and the Gimp
                          ... yet ...

Comment

Originally posted by Snotty
                            the portrayal of increasing incedence of knife crime in the media has coincided with the relaxation of the laws of cannabis possesion

Violence can stem from lack of intelligent verbal resolutions to a conflict. Im hoping that being able to freely smoke a spliff in the street isnt leading to a rise in violence
                            "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Re: Re: Knife Carnage in London

Originally posted by Lazarus and the Gimp

Still, we have yet to hear of any innocent bystanders being mowed down in a drive-by stabbing.
                              I imagine the skill required to throw a knife and hit someone in a vital point from a moving vehicle is well beyond most criminals.

But in all seriousness, is there an actual stabbing epidemic or just a lot of media hype? It's actually not hard to create the illusion of a crime wave by reporting incidents that wouldn't have made the news at another time.
                              "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
                              -Joan Robinson

Comment

Working...
                              X